Search results

1. One-Off

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

If the do it at HB how do they score the "hopping?"
  2. One-Off

Essential Body Weight Exercises?

Even pull-ups require equipment. What would you do in a hotel room if you had 15 minutes? Out of courtesy to other guests, no jumping around.
  3. One-Off

If you had to choose 4?
  4. One-Off

I don't have the flexibility, balance or strength to do pistol squats. I'd have to settle for body weight squat with full ROM.
  5. One-Off

I was thinking about this while on our recent vacation. I had no access to any equipment and really no time, being I was with the family on vacation. I was also thinking about it because now that I'm doing two intense runs (and one barbell day a week), my bodyweight day, which consisted of ten...
  6. One-Off

***The Official Running Thread***

Hey Kento. Came across this looking for something else. These are exactly what I’m doing, excepting the bench press (I have no bench). And I do regular dead lifts in addition to Romanian deadlifts. I do all of them in one, hour+ workout, once a week. 3 sets of 5 reps of warm ups at lighter...
  7. One-Off

The worst thing you will see today

Maybe he saw a better wave behind it. Once while surfing Abreojos a buddy of mine scored a perfect wave, did a couple turns and then kicked out. I was like WTF? OK by me I guess. I spun and went and got a long ride on the second half of the wave. When I made it back up to the top of the point...
  8. One-Off

Formula 1 snubs Andretti

WTF? I think it’d be great to have an American team to root for. Andretti was a childhood hero, as was Andy Granatelli and the whole STP racing enterprise. https://www.newsweek.com/sports/f1-news-mario-andretti-launches-scathing-retaliation-fom-if-they-want-blood-well-im-ready-1892507
  9. One-Off

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

Yep. He did the same footloose maneuver against Pupo. On his 10, call me crazy, but it looks like he had his foot solidly on the tail pad and then intentionally lifted it off for a second. Slowit down as slow as you can and you see his knee flex. He does it to give the judges a little extra...
  10. One-Off

Leash strings

No. Have you ever broken a leash string?
  11. One-Off

Can we talk about extra virgin olive oil?

Kirkland 3 liter olive oil doubled in price since the last time we bought it.
  12. One-Off

The Random Photo Thread - The Sequel

Worked at Becker Surfboards. https://easyreadernews.com/long-time-manager-of-hermosa-beachs-becker-surfboards-laid-off/
  13. One-Off

Surfing Liberia

I think it’s Ghana. The full, “official” version of that film is this.
  14. One-Off

Zone 2 training

Questioning is different than worrying.
  15. One-Off

Zone 2 training

Am I getting any zone 2 (mitochondrial) benefits? I do two runs a week. #1- 26+ miles- 8 miles zone 2 , then 12 miles zone 3 (walking/climbing/jogging up and down 3000+ feet in the mountains), followed by 6.5 miles zone 3. This last portion I’m not in zone 3 going fast. It’s zone 3 because...
  16. One-Off

Car totaled question

Tiico frankenmotor. Audi 80/90 block, VW head, custom oil pan. Installed by a JPL engineer. Worked great for awhile. Other mechanics marvelled at the clean install. Had starter problems the last year (used up all my AAA tows), after 3 starters and a new battery finally got it...
  17. One-Off

Dickey Betts rest in peace Brother !! )

At least the legacy has been passed on.
  18. One-Off

Car totaled question

4x4 and c-clamps?
  19. One-Off

Car totaled question

Enjoy. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=432802&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0