Search results

1. SrPato

***The Official Retirement Post***

It's official, I gave notice to my boss and HR yesterday that I will be retiring on September 30th. After 29 years of faithful service to the State Judicial System, I've decided it's time to really have some fun. My pension would be fully maxed out if I waited another year but the difference in...
  2. SrPato

Controller Alpha Quad Fins

Anyone used them? I just ordered a set for the Stewart Deuce based on their description that the fins are for wide tails & fish. I'm just looking for some feedback.
  3. SrPato

Stewart Deuce As A Twin?

I recently inherited a 6'2" Deuce from my brother in law who just passed away and was thinking of riding it with Captain Twins and a trailer. Anyone have experience with this board? It's obviously a decent quad but it looks pretty nice with the twin setup. I just wondered if the fin boxes are...
  4. SrPato

4.0 Earthquake Just Hit Ventura

That was a doozy for our downtown area. It was centered in Ojai so I'm sure they got jolted. The raised file cabinets in the Clerks office were rocking! :bricks:
  5. SrPato

B5F Sighting…Well sort of.

And with Russ Short
  6. SrPato

Goodbye my dear friend

Today we said goodbye to our sweet family member Monkey. For 19 years he’s held a special place in our lives and I can’t imagine life without him. Monkey arrived when Nick was two , now Nick’s away in College and Monkey is soaring through the cosmos with his old pal Yoda. Life is short so we...
  7. SrPato

Tile or Air Tag?

You know, for your keys, purse, bike, car, dog....embedded in surfboard. Which has better reliability? Apple is selling a four pack of Air Tags for $99 and I was thinking of grabbing a pack.
  8. SrPato

El Pollo Crazy...Salsa Roja!

Am I the only one that didn't know about this? I'm not talking about that foamy, pink crap or the medium red salsa. I'm talking about a deep, burnt red, fiery on the tongue with a happy tingle all the way down salsa. The kind you usually only find in your favorite local Mexican restaurant. I...
  9. SrPato

I Surfed Twice Yesterday

Yep, this was the first time since Covid that I actually got two quality sessions in the same day. My first session was in the morning at a local beach break that actually had a little umphhh to it and glassy conditions. On average there were head high peaks, with mostly lefts but the occasional...
  10. SrPato

Car Rental Crisis In Hawaii

Holy Moly!!!! We have a trip scheduled to Kauai in October and realized we forgot to reserve a rental car. We've always had good luck with Dollar and hopped on their site yesterday to reserve a mini van. Just guess how much a mini van is for ten days????? $2700!!!!!!!!! It's usually around $700...
  11. SrPato

Aipa Big Boy Stinger

I was trying to hold out for a Pat Ryan Kingfish but stumbled on this board today at a local shop. It's a 2020 model made by Duke Aipa and it's in pristine condition. I rode one of Ben's Stingers a few years back in Hawaii and was instantly hooked so I can't wait to try this one.
  12. SrPato

WTB- Mid Length Egg & Kingfish

I'm looking for an Egg around 7'4" - 7'8" and more performance oriented. Preferably a tri-fin, as I already have enough single fins. Many moons ago I had a 7'8" egg from Pat Ryan (e.t. Surfboards) and the memories of riding that board came flooding back recently. This is very specific but also...
  13. SrPato

Jury Summons Question & Surf

A little over a month ago we had to rush down to L.A. to my in-laws house after an emergency call that my father in-law was very sick. We drove straight down, called 911 and the ambulance rushed him to the ER. Long story short, he had a cancerous mass removed from his small intestine and has...
  14. SrPato

Ventura Beaches and Parks Officially Closed

The Mayor posted a lengthy yet detailed explanation on Nextdoor and I have to agree with him. Now that L.A. and O.C. have shut down their parks and beaches, people have started flocking up here. Stay home you Bastids and infect your own neighborhoods!!!!!