Search results

1. H

DIY kit?

I hear you. I spent 20 years of my life scheduling my work so that I would have late morning to mid-afternoon surf windows. Seemed like a great schedule for when kids are in school. Now I pick up a wind sport and the wind is just getting started when I have things to do!
  2. H

DIY kit?

Look around and find where the prone foilers are near you. Ask them the conditions. Message Scott Bass. I think he's at Del Mar River most of the time. Prone foiling is fun. Any mushy wave is great. You will need 2 feet of water depth though to clear the mast. That can be the only issue.
  3. H

DIY kit?

10 sessions of falling. That seems to be a nice number. Scott Bass is doing it now, it can't be that hard. :) If you have the right waves, which you likely do then it's easy enough. Most of us learned prone in the surf.
  4. H

CA Coastal Recommendations near LA for 2-4 week Stay in July/August

Plenty of waves to catch, you'll be fine. Might have to walk a bit to get some waves. If worst comes to worst I'll take you wing foiling. :)
  5. H

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Different mixtures of neoprene used.
  6. H

Youth activities

The one thing people forget is times change. Most parents will NOT let their kids free roam the outside world anymore. Most kids aren't even allowed to go in semi-gated front yard alone. If you're not taking your child to activities, then they are in the house with you and bored. They will...
  7. H

Youth activities

Check out your local parks programs. Los Angeles county parks have amazing programs that run for 6-8 weeks at a time. Usually once a week classes and only $10 for the whole course. My kids 9 and 11 now, have done in no particular order. Tennis, soccer, flag football, track and field, parkour...
  8. H

DIY kit?

That foil drive isn't looking that expensive anymore.
  9. H

This guy posts regular county updates. Among other things. Might be worth following along. https://www.instagram.com/georgeclout/
  10. H

DIY kit?

Belmont shores is quite good because you can walk back after you've been blown down wind. Seal beach has shorebreak which means it's bad. Both places have Stingrays, so shuffle/stomp your feet.
  11. H

Possibly a Dumb ?

The new DW shapes are getting very close to regular prone paddle boards. (over 9 feet long and 16" wide) Most guys who paddle the DW boards prone to start are using hand paddles. People are even flatwater knee paddling up onto foil with the hand paddles. Most SUP DW races like M2O have rules...
  12. H

Dash cam

Had a couple viofo cams now. I run front and back because I occasionally need photos for work and the rear camera gives me a 2nd angle. It's not that useful though. I wouldn't buy a rear cam again. Front is 90% as good as a dual camera setup in my mind. As said above. Tuck the cord under the...
  13. H

Wingfoiling world cup. First stop of the GKA. This is where I want to see foiling in waves going.

The final is about the 8 hour mark. It's worth watching. This link should link you to Cash Berzolla's first heat. Which is also worth watching. https://www.youtube.com/live/WMlZVXmKHRo?si=m3aTjVRQcpBV1UMz&t=2557
  14. H

DIY kit?

Right tool for the job type of thing. Knowing how to do every aspect is better than only knowing one. But they all take time to learn is the hard part. For example. I don't foil on the weekends, because if I go to the beach it's with kids and we ride soft tops together. I don't regular surf at...
  15. H

DIY kit?

It was today, but still. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3iv0HeyHk7/
  16. H

Countyline will be your best most reliable bet. Zuma can be good. If you're goofy you can fight at Zeros (Nicholas Canyon) Other obvious pointbreaks abound.
  17. H

Stem cell injections

The funny thing to me is part of the recovery is no strenuous activity for 2 months? A long period of time. I forget the exact timing. So is it just taking 2+ months off that is helping him or the stem cells? I am not a doctor.
  18. H

DIY kit?

You can fish at lakes. I got an inflatable row boat like I had for the the pool when I was a kid and my 9 and 11 year old had fun floating out in the lake and jumping off it last summer. Everyone needs a life jacket though. Wind forecasts are so much more annoying than surf forecasts. You can...
  19. H

Wetsuits with a lower leg zipper

on a lot of kids suits yes. It helps.
  20. H

DIY kit?

My wing buddy is there today. He's giving lessons now if anyone is interested. He has the lake conditions dialed. https://www.instagram.com/stories/roblawgord/