Search results

1. S

More stuff you didn't know you need

https://www.surfer.com/blogs/sweetish-surf-tote-wetsuit-transport-solution More bull$hit to go along with your Rinskit and beach wagon. Ummmm.... I used these for years. Nothing to see here — move along:foreheadslap:
  2. S

Rincon Classic a GO for this weekend

Should be a good one! Hiked down the bluffs for a look this AM. Good swell and conditions. AM BIG tides. Afternoons should be epic if weather/swell holds together.:jamon:
  3. S

FOX NEWS gives supreme nut sack My Pillow Guy the boot

Just saw this on cable news. Dropped all of his advertising. Talk amongst yourselves:socrazy:
  4. S

Rain totals last 2 days

Got 6 inches since Wed. AM Anyone taking a pass on paddling out this AM?:barf:
  5. S

'Tis the Season!

Don't take it too seriously:nana:
  6. S

Happy Solstice and Holidays to all!

Days are getting longer again.:applause2: Stay safe.
  7. S

So what's the deal with CraigsList?

Are all replies from scammers? I've posted a bunch of stuff over the past few months and with the exception of one, every single reply is from a scammer and no one will CALL the number I post, even when I make it crystal clear I will not respond to texts and emails. Here's the latest from a...
  8. S

Guess the Gadget

I bored. Me and the dog are on rainy day schedule. Found this little gadget on the beach trail this AM. About the size of your pinky nail. Can't figure out what it is. It's not a Kanuder Valve... ... or a Cleevis Sleever, but it could be a heat induced edge lifter which cannot be operated w/o a...
  9. S

Guess the spot

Saw this spot while driving the Great Atlantic Way down in SW Ireland a couple of years ago. It was pretty small but the potential looks promising considering the exposure. We were at least a 1000' up. Anyone have a clue? :shrug:
  10. S

This AM's Solar Eclipse

I got dozens! Not a full one here in 805/SB, but a 3/4. Walked outside and saw the projections through the orange tree on the fence, then got a spaghetti cullander.
  11. S

Guese the Spot(s)

Cool approach into SB from Alaska/Portland a couple weeks ago.
  12. S

Pee Wee Herman...Done

One of the funniest characters (IMO) in children's (and adults) television/movies. Somewhat of a comic legend. Had to watch Pee Wee's playhouse on Saturday's if I wasn't gone surfing. We'll miss you Paul Rubens:bowdown: BTW... Kinda like the Greatful Dead... Either you got it or you didn't
  13. S

Legal question about being furloughed

So, I got thrown under the bus last week after 32 years. Technically, I was furloughed (meh, no biggie, I was thinking about hanging it up anyway) Here's the problem... I have a $hit ton of earned/accrued vacation time and they are keeping me on furlough status so they don't have to pay me for...
  14. S

End of an Era NSR

Just got back from Rancho Leonero, Word has it, new owners are going to bulldoze this historic piece of heaven to build another POS $1500 a night mega-resort:foreheadslap: A few photos Our beachfront room
  15. S

Admins: Why can't I type any text into a new post????

Interesting approach to LAX from Cabo Never came in this way before
  16. S

Oh boy, this ought to be a doozy

Yet again, another attempt by Hollykook to make a surf movie.:foreheadslap: Linky.. https://www.surfer.com/trending-news/nicolas-cage-new-film-the-surfer Sorry, a repost.
  17. S

So what 'yall think about this new Golf format, called the Saudy Golf League?

Just watched the new golf format from Adelaide, Aus. ... How freakn' fun is that? Blasting rock, drinking beers, cheering from the crowd on tee-offs. Hell, one guy Aced a hole from the "watering hole" and all hell broke loose. Water bottles, beers, everything went onto the green. Those Aussies...
  18. S

Semi retirement.... What's your experience?

So.... Company I work for is re-locating another 10 miles to Goleta from downtown SB where I've worked 32 years (yeah, I'm a dummy) I live in Carp and the traffic/construction deal is a total clusterfvck. I couldn't imagine having to deal with another 10 miles of that $hit from SB to Goleta...
  19. S

For the fisherman of the erBB/End of an era

Spent over 120 days on her Sad, sad, indeed :(
  20. S

Happy Winter Solstice

The days are getting longer from here :jamon: