Search results

1. BrownFish

Palm Springs Surf Club

I surfed WACO back in May for 3 days (2 sessions/day). It was fun. Different, but still fun. I was able to get Palm Springs public reservations for myself and 3 friends mid January for Intermediate A-Frames, hour rest, then Lefts/Rights. We'll see how it goes. I don't know how they do the...
  2. BrownFish

Ryan Sakal

I don't have as nice of a bottom turn as Jackboots above, but, my dog is the brother to Ryans two dogs (same litter). We used to meet up at the local school so they could play together, but they finally closed that down. It was a good run. Ryan's a great guy, super humble.
  3. BrownFish

Has anyone tried a Von Sol Shadow 2?

Sorry, I was out for a bit. Turnaround is about 6 weeks right now.
  4. BrownFish

Looks like it's heading to the glasser!
  5. BrownFish

Smaller Bead EPS?

All of this is personal experience/preference. No disrespect to anyone! Try what you like, and if it works for you, then run with it! Don't know how many bricks i've sold or ridden, only to be told by my friend or others it's the best board they ever rode!
  6. BrownFish

That is what I was hoping for. I have plenty of boards for the fatter mushier days. I need more of a good wave board. Head high+ fast beachbreak days, where I need something that will hold well coming off the bottom.
  7. BrownFish

HA! I've been sitting on the fence of building a new shaping room and getting my hobby back on. But, the experts will always do it better. It may happen in the future, but not real soon.
  8. BrownFish

ignore

Thats' fricken Rad. RAAM just left Oceanside yesterday. I dream about stuff like that!
  9. BrownFish

ignore

I am not trying to be mean in any way, shape or form when I say this. I'm six years behind you in life and truly see your vision. It's kinda like the whole cyclist thing. I've ridden bikes my whole life. Lots of road stuff in the 80's and 90's, but now mainly mountain. I frickin love bikes...
  10. BrownFish

Von Sol Shadow 2
  11. BrownFish

Current quoted wait times...

I've been waiting for my Pavel Fish for 15 years!
  12. BrownFish

Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

I've been trying different center fins in mine. Something to give it a bit more hold and drive. I'm up to using a Twin fin trailer instead of the nubster. (think MR twin trailer). Feels a lot better to me. Think I might even try a GX center fin soon.
  13. BrownFish

Rusty Dwart

I've had many Dwarts in the past, and still presently have one. One of my favorite shapes ever. Almost perfect all around shape for me. If I could only take one board, it's what I would take. I like mine EPS. When I was younger and in good shape, I was riding a 5'4". This was 10-15 years...
  14. BrownFish

State Park E-Bike Ban Petition

I was just in NYC (Manhattan) for a few days last month. All of the food delivery is done on ebikes. They are everywhere. And they are all complete POS's. They are the equivalent of a Walmart mountain bike with a battery attached. I am not surprised that the batteries are catching fire and...
  15. BrownFish

I'm going to start experimenting with fin setups for this very reason. I'm going to try it with twin/trailer, and also as a thruster, just to see what it will do. See if I can get it to slow down and stay a bit more in the pocket. Also with a bigger than nubster middle fin, when running the...
  16. BrownFish

Caity Simmers, Stud or Dud?

Lucas Owsten also grew up riding Borst. He switched to Pyzel a few years ago and now on to JS. I was kinda bummed when he switched. Was hoping he would stay on Chris's boards. He's got a long climb in front of him to make it. Hope he does!
  17. BrownFish

Oh My! This board goes so good. I'm approaching 55, and this board makes me feel young again. So much speed and maneuverability. It's really nice riding a shorter board again. This is my 3rd Manta, but it's been some years since I've ridden one. I especially like the pointed nose. I know...
  18. BrownFish

Lucas is 100% from Oceanside. He went to school with my daughter for many years when they were young. I think he said on the Late Night with Poody Podcast that he surfed for Carlsbad because the owner of his Sponsor, Sundiego Boardshops, asked him to surf for them. But, if you listen to the...
  19. BrownFish

Let's all just be happy that she won an event. Super stoked for her! As for Borst, He's had his hands designing some of the best models from the Big Guys for the last 15 years. I'm sure Caity knows this. He hasn't ever really pushed his own brand. There is a reason they call him the "Mad...
  20. BrownFish

Which one of you fools used to own this one? It's a 5'8. I just picked it up off CL in Encinitas. Guy I bought it from said he was the second owner. Small inside sandbars have left me wanting one of these speed demons again. Plus, going to WACO for 3 days in May (driving through). Might be...