Search results

1. B

Armstrong riders experiences

I just did the same - 1125 all the way forward. No bucking and have had belly-chest high takeoffs. Glide is incredible - like the 1850 on steroids- just way faster (than even the 1250). This was with a chopped down 300. Seemed reluctant to turn (opposite of the HS foils) - might just be me...
  2. B

A few questions: 1. Where do you have the mast positioned with the 1125 (say relative to where you had it with the 1250)? 2. Did you change the mast position once you put the FV200 on? 3. How are the takeoffs on the bigger waves with the 1125? I'm assuming you have time and it doesn't buck...
  3. B

Sorry it took a while to get this uploaded - lots of other things going on. The foil on the left is the chopped down HS1850 (now a 1532) - got this way by chopping off the last inch of the trailing edge. The foil on the right is the chopped down HS1550 - now around 1420. The 1532 (coming...
  4. B

Also - after the product release announcement for the 1550v2, I bought a second hand 1850, trimmed an inch off the back trailing edge, refoiled the new trailing edge and got a faster 1850. I'm away from home right now but I'll post pictures. Also, also - I bought a 1550v1 from the same...
  5. B

My 1125 and FV200 are in Fedex's clutches. Supposed to me at my doorstep tomorrow. Wind is up Saturday afternoon - might get a prone session after work before then - I'll post once I have gathered data.
  6. B

My Armstrong distributor/dealer said the new wing is compatible with the old masts and fuselages. One of the guys I foil with cracked the carbon overlay on the fuselage winging with the CF2400, which in turn started causing wear on the countersunk screw holes on the mast. I'm wondering if...
  7. B

Armstrong is releasing a HA 1125 and a new rear stabilizer in May. There are some ads on IG - if they are still up (I heard Armstrong told the poster to take them down - official announcement is supposed to release on 3/18). 41.5" wingspan!!!
  8. B

The 1250 looks like a baby brother to the 1850. The 1850 is a pump monster. And on some days where I mis-judge the wave size from the reports, and the surf is bigger than anticipated (and I have the 1850 bolted on), I just take the white water so I don't have to deal with the steeper drops -...
  9. B

I use the 1550 to surf waves from thigh high to overhead. I also use the 1850 and the 1250 to surf (but wing foil with them mostly). When it gets juicy I use the CF1200. I was at Blue Planet Surf (Honolulu) last week - I was able to compare the 1050 and the 1200 in hand. The 1050 is thinner...
  10. B

Refuckulation thread.

He's back!!!!!
  11. B

Best foil for you.

He'll do one offs (customs) - for $350
  12. B

Volume and thickness

Volume distribution is the Holy Grail of shaping. There are a bunch of shapes running around my beach - lot of innovation from Glenn Pang, different sizes from John Amundson, and a few underground shapers (me and others). For my boards, I've gone down as far as 4'6" at 3.75" and that felt...
  13. B

Wind Foil? (light wind/flat water)

This forum specializes in windfoiling https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Foiling The guys I know in Kailua really like the Slingshot Wizard 125 for their board. Sails and foils seem to be more personal.
  14. B

Paint for Blue Go Foil Wings

Do any of you guys and gals know what blue spray paint to buy to match the gen 1 wings (and while we're at it - same question for the gen 2 wings)?
  15. B

Wingboard build.

I think the thickness will not be noticeable if you chamfer the board as it goes out to the rails. Keep it meaty in the middle for float.
  16. B

go foil 18 w

johnny5 - did you ever cut the P18W down?