Search results

1. Iceman

***The Official Running Thread***

Did some mile repeats on Monday trying to get ready for this 4 mile race on Sunday. 5:44, 5:51, and 5:47 Not too shabby
  2. Iceman

*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

src=""
  3. Iceman

Spent 3 days hitting the slopes for some great spring conditions this week. Monday - first time ever at Heavenly. Limited on the runs since a lot of the lifts were closed for the season, but the riding was great. Hit the Nevada side in the morning as it was in the sun first, then migrated...
  4. Iceman

Big ups, Kento! What a day to have that big of a run. I know you said the winner is unworldly, but honestly, doing what you did seems unworldly to me. I have a paltry 4 mile race on the 28th. It's just a local first-responder fundraiser event and I'm doing a relay with a team of 4...
  5. Iceman

Dickey Betts rest in peace Brother !! )

RIP A lot of my childhood memories are linked to listening to the Allman Brothers.
  6. Iceman

*** Official National Parks Thread ***

Camped out there years ago. Definitely a cool hidden gem.
  7. Iceman

Last week at Kirkwood. Thursday was a powder day, not super deep, but fun. As I boarded the chairlift to the intermediate slopes with my wife for the first run of the day at 0855, EVERYBODY was in line for Chair 6. It's usually the first chair to the top of the mountain to open on a powder...
  8. Iceman

The Official OBSF Support Group

You only mad cuz you fell for it
  9. Iceman

Famous Threesomes

10. Iceman

Take a Helicopter Tour. It Will Be Fun They Said

This. Damn things fired up like an angry swarm of XXL mosquitos each day. Gnarly footage!
  11. Iceman

Well the storm dumped snow, but it was pretty wind blown at Kirkwood. Spur was closed Monday, so missed the initial opening when the road opened from South Lake, but drove all the way around from Pioneer on Tuesday (an extra 2 hours of driving). Although the frontside was tracked out, found a...
  12. Iceman

Had a couple sunny days at Kirkwood on Tuesday and Wednesday this past week. Cruising with my parents and wife was a ton of fun. I inadvertently sharpened my edges a little too sharp before the trip, so my board was a extra grabby. But it made for some extra hold that I wasn't used to while...
  13. Iceman

Went up to Kirkwood last week, Thursday and Friday. Thursday was kind of a sleeper powder day. They were only reporting 6", but there were areas where it was definitely deeper. Plus a lot of terrain was not touched the previous day, so there were some divine lines to be had, even well after...
  14. Iceman

I took my split board to Mammoth to dial it in when I first got it. Nothing crazy except it's a little bit different that my normal resort board, but nothing you couldn't feel out.
  15. Iceman

So sick. I wish my backside carves were half that good.
  16. Iceman

Had a blast taking some runs with Kento on Friday. That boy can move! Wife is progressing almost every run she takes on skis, which is pretty awesome to witness. On Saturday, the wifey and I got to Kirkwood early and spent a solid hour on Chair 7 just getting her some sets and reps...
  17. Iceman

Stay positive! I'm running +21 front +15 rear Makes it so quick and easy edge-to-edge it's ridiculous. Never thought about the rear angle robbing power on the heelside, but it seems to be working out just fine!
  18. Iceman

I ran about 350 all of last year, and that was the most since probably back in HS :LOL:
  19. Iceman

Fun powder day at Kirkwood yesterday. They missed out on the full dump of the storm, but it was deep enough. Only had a half day to play with, so hit it hard all morning on the frontside, did some hiking, and had pretty much "as good as it gets" turns. Super stoked. Also wore my beacon.
  20. Iceman

I run with Patagonia Capilene shirts and have never had nipple chaffage, but then I don't run for more than an hour at a time. I've been running a lot of what I call, the Middle Finger 5 mile. You start out with 2 easy miles, then run a mile as fast as you can, then run 2 miles easy. When I...