Search results

1. V

Hobie Cats

Anyone use one(or similar)? good experience ? bad? worth it?
  2. V

Custom board for my kids

Want to order my kids some boards from classic shapers who won't be making boards by the time they are surfing. Needs to be a timeless design. not sure if it will even work. any thoughts ? Thinking a bonzer egg might be good. Mid size fish. Mtiszven mini glider? thanks for your time.
  3. V

Glassing question

Which will be more durable ? PU 6x6,x6 epoxy 6x4,x4 board is a JS big baron, 6'6
  4. V

Your current two board quiver

You get to chose 2 boards to cover 2-6 foot faces, varying tides, beach break. What do you bring? 8'0 C bucket and 7'0 nautilus. not perfect but should cover anything from knee high low tide to overhead and high but looking for lower volume choices. another consideration would be 6'0 WTF and...
  5. V

Do you think they talk about surfing on political forums?

Just wondering.
  6. V

Hawaiian tiki souvenirs

So my Dad went to Hawaii in 1969, not as a surfer but as a tourist and I grew up looking at a souvenir he got that was on our bookshelf for 40 years. Then I went to Hawaii with my wife in 2016 and we are walking around a a tourist shop on Oahu and I see his souvenir. almost identica so I...
  7. V

sizing winter board

Common sense seems to say for added wetsuit weight and less frequent surf, add some size and volume. however, i'm already riding more than enough volume and i'm wondering if with the increased water movement and swell and i should drop volume. how do you guys who go from trunks to 5/4's size...
  8. V

rodanthe pier looks fun

https://www.surfline.com/surf-report/rodanthe-pier/584204214e65fad6a7709d1b
  9. V

sept/oct on the east coast

By far my favorite time of year. Warm water, crowds have left, rideable surf for most of the next two month. Life is good.
  10. V

looking for fishing rod/reel recs for surf/pier fishing near home.

Entry to mid level Thanks, VaB.
  11. V

Teaching kids to swim

Anyone use any sort of formal teaching program? I'm trying to teach my now two year old how to swim and become comfortable with the water. She loves the pool and the ocean and is becoming more and more comfortable every day. My wife tried to sign her up for ISR last year but not spots. We...
  12. V

Pyzel wildcat

Looks awesome. Anyone seen one?
  13. V

What is your can't go wrong board for low to average surf?

Conditions call for 2-4ft (faces) could be low tide, high tide deep or shallow, not really sure how it will look; what board do you bring? Personally, I was trying for the mini sim but found the nautilus to consistently be my go to. What is your not necessarily the best board but rarely the...
  14. V

anyone have experience with travel trailers or toy haulers?

Looking at a toy hauler and trying to do some research which has proven challenging. Has anyone owned one? Any advice? A drivable would be great but is outside of my price range. Thanks VaB
  15. V

WTB prone bark 14 ft paddleboard

having trouble finding one
  16. V

Would you move to the mountains?

Daily hiking, mountain biking, and snowboarding with trips to surf. Would you do it?
  17. V

all black boards

Destined for failure? does not apply to PNW.
  18. V

Board trends

Go for the latest and greatest or tried and true? At one point everyone was riding undersized chips... and thought they were great. Board makers are constantly making changes and evolving but for the most part, these board will all be obsolete in a few years due to current trends. If the...
  19. V

Rawson b2; thoughts?

https://www.realwatersports.com/collections/surfboards/products/rawson-b2-pu-poly-60
  20. V

Winter storm brings some waves to the east coast

Some fun but challenging surf to be had. looks like Jersey went off. sorry to bring you guys back from the political forum, as you were. some very strong offshores led to a little challenging condition here but got some fun ones in. water is cold but not too bad. sorry if this is a...