Search results

1. oneworlded

***Official FIRES thread***

Damn - and here I am worried about hurricanes back east. At least we have time to plan for those.
  2. oneworlded

Ford Transit

This was the last Westy I had before we left California. An 87 Syncro with locking rear differential, driveshaft decoupler adn an Adventurewagen high roof and a rear facing jump seat. I looooooooved being able to stand up in that thing and still have all the Westy room/layout. I never, ever...
  3. oneworlded

Ford Transit

DAYUM!
  4. oneworlded

Ford Transit

Yes - that, and somehow magically not having the sort of time to work on a van that I did before I had kids. Can't figure that one out.
  5. oneworlded

Ford Transit

I have...stories.
  6. oneworlded

Ford Transit

2, ages 11 and 15. Was way easier to camp w/them in a van when they were smaller!
  7. oneworlded

Ford Transit

Yeah - I wrote about the Revel for Outside awhile ago. Simple reason - which I laid out in the PM article is at the time I wrote that, there were no rear shoulder belts in the Revel. Storyteller's vans have that. The 2021 Revel does have one shoulder belt, but not to have two is to me...
  8. oneworlded

Ford Transit

That sketch is so f'ing funny. In other Metris news: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/style/camper-vans-mercedes.html
  9. oneworlded

Ford Transit

No you can't get the California here - and likely never will. Too much risk for VW, too expensive to bring over. That said, I've been testing the poptop Peace Vans Mercedes Metris Weekender for Popular Mechanics magazine for the past couple of weeks. I own a 2003 Eurovan camper (front wheel...
  10. oneworlded

Ford Transit

That said, there are some pretty good deals on older E-series gassers occasionally on the Sportsmobile forum.And I would ONLY get a gasser in one of those. The diesels can be nightmares.
  11. oneworlded

Ford Transit

This
  12. oneworlded

Ford Transit

I've owned 8 Westy's and a Eurovan camper and have built out campers for several people - including Jimmy Buffett. I've done a ton of research into what's currently on the market for this story for Popular Mechanics not too long ago...
  13. oneworlded

Small Business

Report it to Groundswell
  14. oneworlded

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Isn't Bohter the one who believes the earth is flat? That's definitely someone I'm gonna take medical advice from. Sort of like, oh, I dunno, relying on Jim Jones' advice on avoiding dehydration.
  15. oneworlded

Netflix ouch!

Yeah - I think a second season's a given. They left it so perfectly open for that. The Bahamas, a murderous young cokehead, young love, boats, Bad Brains, surfing. What more do you need? BTW. We had a good swell this past weekend. Coincided with reopened beaches. Don't think I've ever seen more...
  16. oneworlded

Netflix ouch!

The John B kid in the show sports a Bad Brains T-shirt. As a parent, I recommend maximum exposure to Bad Brains amongst the youth of today.
  17. oneworlded

Netflix ouch!

Yup. Used to fish on with my grandpappy. 1984 hydra sports. Kevlar hull. 200 hp Johnson Ocean Runner. DEA liked these boats bc they could drop em from helos. She is most badass and has taken me to remote waves that would surprise most of my west coast friends.
  18. oneworlded

Netflix ouch!

That was perplexing to me. UNC Wilmington has its own big coastal archives. I used it when researching Ghost Wave. Don't know why they didn't just take the ferry to "Wilmington" instead. But again, the dudes who developed the show admitted it was just a mishmash of different places. They mention...
  19. oneworlded

Netflix ouch!

We zoomed through the episodes of Outer Banks. Pure escapist cheeseball fun. Of course, the location is a fictional mashup of Charleston, Wilmington and the actual OBX. All filmed around Charleston. Some of it quite literally in my backyard. Thursday quarantine with the family.