Search results

1. Goodfish

Flow State: Are you kidding me?!?!

Watch and discuss... Honestly, the way he knifes these drops is insane in terms of balls, skills and everything. Total next level slab rider. Amazing!
  2. Goodfish

Just have fun, Kelly. Have fun...

I've watched it twice. Part horror show, part look behind the peeling mask... Makes you feel sorry for Kelly's gf. She must suffer so much rage! Oh, and felt sorry for Strider too, so that's a first... Goes well with a follow-up of this: https://beachgrit.com/2019/10/kelly-slater-surf-ranch/...
  3. Goodfish

Is this normal?

As I mentioned in the board order thread, TNT/FedEx totalled my new Gary McNeill board. See pic for details - they went right through the carbon rail, across the fin box and the tail of the board. The fightback has started, and I got pics of the damaged box before I opened it, the damaged...
  4. Goodfish

DONE: A Retrospective...

JJF's DONE is up on YouTube for free viewing. It's worth a watch, and it tells us one thing: No one surfs as good as John John, and he's at even higher level now. OK, that's two, but...whatever.
  5. Goodfish

A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al...

This just popped up on my YouTubing. Was pretty fun and interesting mixed with a bit of hipsterness. Those waves in the second half of the video look epic...Are they south of the border? Here's the link. I'm too stupid to know how to embed a YouTube video here...
  6. Goodfish

Ding Repair or Done?

It was the day of days at one of the reefs over here this morning. Typhoon Kong-Rey sent the biggest, cleanest swell I've seen at my spot in the last 5 years. Double overhead on the sets, no wind, and fast, hollow waves. Got there at dawn, forgot about my coffee and dived in. Anyway, caught a...
  7. Goodfish

Beach Grit Gives Up The Snake...

Mick's wave with all the clues... Thought on their tactics? Seems pretty shitty giving it up like that, no? Did a couple of Googles based on their clues, and I think I've found it. Not sure I'd wanna go there though, and looks much closer to civilisation than the video makes out. Must be...
  8. Goodfish

WTB - Ryan Burch Cuttlefish or Asym

Hey everyone, Hoping for the erBB to come to my rescue! I tried to put in a custom order a couple of months ago for a Cuttlefish or an Asym, but I was already too late for the June pick-up schedule I need to stick to. I'll be in CA for 2 weeks from June 15 - June 30 on a road trip with my...
  9. Goodfish

California Road Trip...

Hey there good people of the erb! My gf and I are crossing the Pacific in June for a 2 week trip from San Francisco to San Diego. We both have a few ideas of where we want to visit, but I would really appreciate any local knowledge about places to eat, places to stay, things to do, best...
  10. Goodfish

Surfer Mag; Big Issue? Big bore!

Holy f*ck! I used to love this one... But this year's is the biggest bore I've ever read. I consider myself a bit of a literary connoisseur; studied English literature and language at univrersity, backed it up with a masters in education. BUT...This issue was soooooooo boring! It's almost...
  11. Goodfish

Torren Martyn at Nias on a Twin Fin...

Some incredible surfing in this vid. The final section is soooooo heavy! https://vimeo.com/221674827
  12. Goodfish

Surfing & Pop Culture: What are your favourites?

Article: Why can't pop culture get surfing right? Worth a read, and an interesting comment from a former Surfer Mag editor under the article too... Anyway, what's your favourite surf-related book, song, and film? Bonus question - favourite surf doc/movie. I'm not going definitive, but...
  13. Goodfish

Nervous Laughter - Albee Layer Jaws/El Nino Movie...

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIh6GZfOnZM[/video] Just finished watching this. Better than most of the crap surf movies out there, and at nearly an hour and a half long, it's a real treat. Great insight into the history of the spot, some interesting cameo interviews from...
  14. Goodfish

Neal Purchase Jnr - Duo Concept and other boards...

One of my friend's raves about his boards, and another one just got a funky quad from him. Smooth surfing in the vid, and the boards look super interesting. Anyone got one? What's the word on the erbb? https://vimeo.com/131774155 NPJ Surfboards
  15. Goodfish

Tomo - The Futurist

The man speaks...
  16. Goodfish

Shaper's Alley: Lennox - Ballina

Interesting look... Shaper's Alley: Lennox - Ballina
  17. Goodfish

Bryrning Spears Pelagic Series...

Felt up a couple of these beautiful boards on a recent trip to Indo. They look FAST, strong and sexy. Those channels even made me dribble a little bit... I almost pulled the trigger on a 6'2 GT with 6 channels, but I think I need a little bit bigger for the bigger days. Eyeing up a 6'5 Yellow...
  18. Goodfish

Wave of the Winter...Top 10. Who would you vote for?

Here's the link with all the videos... Wave of The Winter... I vote JOB just for the follow through from that spit, but come on...They're all amazing!
  19. Goodfish

Tomo Talks...on Shred Talks...

Just found this...Watching now... [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRIw03xTVg[/video]
  20. Goodfish

New Tomo Website...

Tomo Surfboards After all that wait, it's a bit disappointing. Looks a bit snazzier, but plenty of grammar mistakes...haha! Also, it just kind of regurgitates the blurb on the Firewire site for Tomo's boards - Nano, V4, Vader, Vanguard, Evo. Where's the info on all the other wacky shapes...