Search results

1. njsurfer42

Wow

looks a little like this one from B. Wynn I had a few years back. Dims a bit more generous than the CI at the same size, but similar idea. Kinda makes me want to order another.
  2. njsurfer42

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

I think this is the way I’m leaning...I had a magic MR style twin+trailer when I was in my teens back in the late 90s & have always had a soft spot for the design...we rarely see A/Os here on the east coast-new or used. I’m definitely not a thruster guy, I’ve spent a ton of time on twin & quad...
  3. njsurfer42

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

I need the advice of the bonzer collective. Let me preface this by saying that the Octafish is one of my all-time favorite designs I’ve had in nearly 30 years of surfing...if I had to, I would be content to have just an Octafish. That said, I have an opportunity to score a new-to-me...
  4. njsurfer42

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

you’re stoked! Octafish is still one of my all-time favorites!
  5. njsurfer42

**BONZER THREAD 2014**

Recently scored a new-to-me bonzer 3. Pretty stoked on this thing! 5’6”x21”x2 5/8” Feels wider than 21”, but the rails feel full but knifey, if that makes sense.
  6. njsurfer42

Campbell Bros Egg

Yowza that’s sexy! :love::love:
  7. njsurfer42

Bonzer Center Fin Alternatives

6.5” fin is the business for me...but I’ve never had any of the wider tailed designs. So-try a 6.5” & check placement carefully. I like mine right in line w/ the trailing edge of the runners. I don’t really worry about distance from the tail.
  8. njsurfer42

6’6” Russ Short in NJ

Sold!
  9. njsurfer42

6’6” Russ Short in NJ

See c-list ad for details: https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/spo/7045196381.html *will not ship*
  10. njsurfer42

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Greenough 4A & Rusty flex fin are my favorite single fins
  11. njsurfer42

Quad sets. The thinner set is from Jack Jensen, the thicker one is from Soar. I think I pretty much have my answer though, since the board in question is a good wave board. Thanks!
  12. njsurfer42

Foil question...w/ all things being equal (board, fin template, placement, etc...), what would I gain or lose from a thicker foil vs. thinner? I have 2 sets of fins that are identical except for foil, so just curious what the difference would be.
  13. njsurfer42

paddling fatigue

only boring if you let it be boring. Lots to see out there, even in winter.
  14. njsurfer42

What's new in the sailing world

one of my favorite memories from growing up is of my dad & I surfing on his Hobie 18...into the beach, across shoals into the inlet, open ocean...didn’t matter. I distinctly remember one late summer sail where we launched from the beach through waves that were maybe 1 foot, but when we got out...
  15. njsurfer42

DVS fcs fins

Pm sent
  16. njsurfer42

Kneeboard Design

Ive always had a curiosity about kneeboarding, but these dims seem absolutely massive...& this isn’t the first kneeboard I’ve seen w/ what appear to me to be huge amounts of foam. Can anyone explain why? I always thought good kneeboard dims would be something fish-like around 5’0 or something.
  17. njsurfer42

Mason and Ben Gravy Have a Surf

I bet you’re fun at parties
  18. njsurfer42

5 Fin E-Wing Bonzer

Octafish is probably one of, if not the, best applications of the bonzer principles married to the e-wing. At least IMO. That, the Octa-Merk, or eb5 speed egg. If not those, what do you have in mind?