Search results

1. O

Viewpoint

Wasn’t there a Top44 West Oz guy in the 90’s that shaped his own boards for the tour? Tony Ray? Antman? Glen Winton? Following that... I wonder: which top shaper is the best surfer right now? I’ve probably seen the most footage of Tomo. He certainly rips. Burch?
  2. O

Swordfish

PSA: here's a used one for sale (not mine) 5'9" Swordfish $450 https://offerup.com/item/detail/826699257/
  3. O

“PE-C” (PU+Epoxy+Carbon stringer) Technology by Hayden Shapes

That XO build from EA looks really interesting and the theory of wanting different parts of the board to flex different makes sense. I am a big fan of the stringerless builds that XTR does and their ever-evolving R&D finding new ways to control the stiffness/flex.
  4. O

Viewpoint

Yeah, very likable for a pro surfer, almost as if he doesn't understand why anyone wants to watch him surf. I'm assuming he's pretty well set from his Quik $$$, if he managed it well. Guys like him (Bruce and a few others) are so interesting because on talent they could win a world title, but...
  5. O

***Official 2020 Community Surf Journal***

Not the money-maker! :eek:
  6. O

DefrostedPooper—DONE

To bring it back to design... GG- if DF came to you and asked you to shape him a board that would best suit his skill level, the style he wants to surf, the boards he likes to ride, and the wave he surfs (Oceanside)... what kind of design would you suggest?
  7. O

DefrostedPooper—DONE

He IS the internet. #GOAT At least DF never claimed to be good, he was just trying hard to improve. And for someone who had only started surfing like 5 yrs ago, his progression was pretty impressive.
  8. O

Dude. I hate to say it, but a changing poncho is legit:p I know just where you’re talking about. Hope you managed to avoid the falling wavestorms and got some peelers. Smart to get out before the high tide. I missed my window. Walked the dog and then my 3 yr old just threw up... so gotta go take...
  9. O

What Boards You Got On Order?

Haha. No worries either way. I was just being funny. I'm realistic about that very specific limitation in my BS surfing. And I've probably been more aware of it lately since I've been riding keel fishes a lot the last few months. I blew another left last week... right in front of my buddy, who...
  10. O

Rusty custom

Deforest? Is that you?? Lol. It’s been discussed to death in another thread that he posted.
  11. O

How are you able to surf for 7 hours on a weekday?!? Jealous! Storm came through last night, bit of rain today. Tempted by a couple chunky sets I saw roll through, but probably not worth the sinus infection from runoff. Do most of you guys actually wait to surf 24-48 hrs. after a rain, or nah?
  12. O

LOL. Hey, in my case, I fully acknowledge it's the archer, not the arrow. Besides, sliding out on my BS bottom turns really lets me reconnect with the ocean :ROFLMAO:
  13. O

Rusty custom

No, he said he already sold it and was in NCSD. Dammit ReTodd. That is tempting. And it wasn’t even on my radar before this stupid thread. you should buy it so I can’t. Please. Gonna try n hold out for a Phantom
  14. O

I hear ya. I got 2 kids under 3. Surf on weekends doesn’t happen more than once a month. And I’ve heard it gets worse as they get older and have activities all weekend that you have to drive them all over town to. Maaaayybe I can bring a board if we are all hangin at the beach and go for a quick...
  15. O

Yeah, it happens. What were you riding? Gotta be the board... or the fins... ;)
  16. O

DefrostedPooper—DONE

For sure. Not sure why he couldn't grasp that. Now that he's not here to insist Tomo's family invented it all, you're preaching to the choir! :shaka:
  17. O

Rusty custom

Yeah, board might be great for someone else. Just not what he wanted or expected. Poor communication, both ways. Lesson learned, I'm sure for his next custom order.
  18. O

that's funny, Cliffs was pretty empty yesterday. it was small, but I was surprised that there weren't more guys out on a beautiful Fri afternoon. I just assumed everyone got their fill after all the surf we've had. Only 1-2' today and the wind just came up. Can't be bothered to take the log out...
  19. O

DefrostedPooper—DONE

Dude posted some pretty wildly ignorant claims about surf design, and slander/libel about other shapers' character because he was convinced they were copying Tomo. So much for "turn the other cheek", eh? I personally like Tomos designs, but man, it was weird that someone could be so cultishly...
  20. O

Looks like San Diego’s solid run of swell all January has finally ended. Wishing I had my Mast midlength for today’s 1-3’ surf, but had 5’7” TKF in car. Got a handful of micro waves with just me & a buddy out at an inside reef for an hour before sunset. Beautiful conditions, just no swell.