Search results

1. john4surf

Robert Conrad Done

Cat never turned away from a fight until he reached his 70s... bad mo fo when off screen
  2. john4surf

Kookie Kookie Lend me your comb

The original non-surfing kook, Ed Byrne RIP. Any one left in this cess pool that remembers 77 Sunset Strip?
  3. john4surf

Kauai Accident

National news reported a tourist helicopter crashed on the island. Search and rescue finally located the site. Loss of liVes including kids. Very sad. I hope PPK wasn’t a first responder. Tragic.
  4. john4surf

Plane Lands on I-5

So, a plane just landed on I-5 Southbound at Tamarak! Is surf that good in the dark?
  5. john4surf

Northern California Storm

CBS national news claims Northern California will get +40 feet waves along with the freezing weather coming their way from Alaska and points North.
  6. john4surf

CALIFORNIA Legislative Year Closed on Friday

CALIFORNIA Legislative Year Closed on Friday. So what did they accomplish during this high pressure year in Sacramento? Here are some of the highlights of the session: *Passed Cap-n-Trade Tax which will increase gas 0.63 to 0.93 cents a gallon change and the taxes that go with it. *Proposed...
  7. john4surf

Dumb as a fox?

From a pal who was in the swamp decades ago to include working the WH... “
  8. john4surf

State Farm Commercial, She Shed

WTF are the advertisers thinking? That commercial is a throw back to Jack Benny’s Step and Fetch It and Amos and Andy in the late 50s and 60s. Absolutely backwards and fodder for so-called supremest re-runs. Unbelievable
  9. john4surf

Boycott a Jew?

A copy/paste I found interesting... Iran's Supreme Leader Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei urged the Muslim World to boycott anything and everything that originates with the Jewish people. In response, Meyer M. Treinkman, a pharmacist, out of the kindness of his heart, offered to assist them...
  10. john4surf

2A interpretation

I read an opinion the other day that essentially says the 2d Amendment was not written to apply to period firearms or, to semi-automatic, automatic, large magazine, clip or other varieties of firearms which had not yet been invented. The 2d Amendment was written to restrict the government. The...
  11. john4surf

Africa, the Dark Continent.... an educational eye opener!

Africa, the Dark Continent....an educated eye opener! What I Learned in the Peace Corps in Africa By Karin McQuillan January 17, 2018 Three weeks after college, I flew to Senegal, West Africa, to run a community center in a rural town. Life was placid, with no danger, except to your...
  12. john4surf

HI High Surf Notice July 15

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sBhvx_1563223322
  13. john4surf

Ritz-Carlton fined $1.6M blocked beach access

" A luxury hotel in Northern California has been hit with $1.6 million fine for restricting access to public beaches. The settlement reached Thursday between the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and the California Coastal Commission is the second largest of its kind for the commission. Lisa...
  14. john4surf

SUP Gets 5 Years For Paddle Assault

Copied from Fox 5 page. "SAN DIEGO — A man who hit a popular local surfer in the head with a carbon fiber paddle in the water at Sunset Cliffs was sentenced Thursday to five years in state prison. Paul Taylor Konen, 34, was convicted last month of assault, with a great bodily injury...
  15. john4surf

KInd of Fun Surf Video

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sRvnP_1557795223
  16. john4surf

3d shark attack, HI

SOUTH KOHALA, Hawaii — A 65-year-old tourist from California was attacked by a shark Tuesday morning off the island of Hawaii, according to local authorities. The woman was several hundred yards offshore kayaking in Anaehoomalu Bay in South Kohala when she was bitten on her right upper...
  17. john4surf

RIP Meadowlark Lemon

Saw the clown prince of the Globetrotters around 1955 as an army brat at a base in Verdun, France. The cat stunned me as a 10 year old with his on court antics. Never forgot his name, such a wonderful ambassador... RIP
  18. john4surf

Kamchatka Winter Surf

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=u6Yl7_1555699343
  19. john4surf

SUP paddler cracks surfers skull

Prosecutor: 'Beach bully' damaged surfer's brain with paddle swing http://via.kswbtv.com/lAunw
  20. john4surf

Shaper Shot by Police

A 50 year old Hispanic man was shot and killed by police when he pointed his rifle at them yesterday. I caught the end of a news report this afternoon treat the victim was a surfboard shaper and worked in Oceanside. Suicide by cop? Maybe he was tired of the drive from San Ysidro to O'side.