Search results

1. C

***Official 2020 Community Surf Journal***

Bailed on Orange County to go back to my roots today. It was nice to feel some power in the water again. Well overhead, flirting with double, thick sets steaming out of the canyon. I took one of the hardest beatings I've had in years on my second or third wave: whipped it late, got hung up in...
  2. C

10 Myths About Lower Back Pain (LBP)

Depends. How hard are you stretching your dick?
  3. C

STD All Stars

HSV2, maybe. Statistics say more like 5-6 have HSV1. Of course, chicken pox is also a herpesvirus. And let's not even bother talking about HPV.
  4. C

Fun times at the ol' pier this morning until the wind destroyed everything just after noon. Hungover and sick me surfs much worse than prime in shape me.
  5. C

I saw footage from the Beach today and really, really missed NorCal. Fortunately, Huntington was sheet glass and fun sized. Went to the same spot as yesterday. A bit more crowd, but also hitting the peak and reeling off better. Unfortunately, I saw the Surfline webcam rewind footage of my...
  6. C

1/1: drove home from a house party in LA, checked the cams a few times to see nothing interesting. Suited up, walked over, and paddled out at the pier anyway around 4 just to get wet. Two minutes after I paddle out... bam!! Swell hits. Snagged a handful of head high, clean rights. A lot of...
  7. C

2019 was a bust for surf in Southern California.

The past two summers prior I was in NorCal, but we got several 3+@15+ swells each summer to light up our south swell spots. SoCal must have gotten those same swells, only a bit bigger. 2018 did have most of the activity in May and August with little in between.
  8. C

2019 was a bust for surf in Southern California.

There have been fun pockets but I think 2019 has had the worst summer I can remember.
  9. C

Neal's Images of the Day

I like this game of sponger chicken
  10. C

*** Official 2019 Community Surf Journal ***

Surfed a different La Jolla beachbreak today with many other people that also decided to surf that La Jolla beachbreak. Everyone was well-behaved for the most part. I packed a lot of pinchy, too fast barrels and got annihilated over and over on my fish, then made two on one wave as the tide...
  11. C

*** Official 2019 Community Surf Journal ***

Surfed a La Jolla beachbreak today. Head high to overhead range but very strange from the SW windswell pushing in and not nearly as powerful as it should have been. I got a couple that wanted to barrel but just couldn't get it done. Pulled up into one in the rip and tried to sneak under the...
  12. C

Location induced pooping...

I think it's the opposite. The anticipation of something scary or uncomfortable signals the body to release everything so we're ready to fight or flee without an extra turd weighing us down or diverting resources to digestion.
  13. C

Did you not see, earlier, my post about how "the hardest thing in surfing is getting out of a wet 5/4 chest zip when you have diarrhea?" I have quickly scampered through the rock minefield in a Northern California reef/point to assblast the tidepools in between sets. In fact, I've also done it...
  14. C

Same. Why didn't you just belly a wave in and rip the suit off before unleashing? Those beaches aren't that crowded. A friend of mine from South Australia told me they would pull the "aquabog" outside the lineup - take your suit off and crap in the water, then just pull it right back on...
  15. C

The last time I had to sh!t surfing C Street the public shitter was locked. I found a portapotty up in the Stables parking area instead. Had to sh!t once in Cardiff. The toilet at the campground was clogged and overflowing, so I perched and pyramided the fucker. When you gotta go, you gotta...
  16. C

There's a spot on the North Coast that makes me poop every time. The spot itself is a mile offshore and I have an 8'0" and 9'0" custom made for it, which explains a lot.
  17. C

Crowded California

I surfed hollow, offshore, overhead RJ's with 3 other dudes this summer. They were frothing on how empty it was. Today featured a Christian surf contest on the south side of the pier, while the currents on the north side were whipping guys through the pilings to interfere with the competitors...
  18. C

For the "old erBB crew". ~ Uncle got the ultimate "Touch" ~

Most of us are getting too old to bend down that far.
  19. C

The Melanoma, Skin Cancer & Mole Thread...

Is the Fluoroicil where they chemically burn off your face with the UV reactive coating? My uncle had that done a couple weeks ago. When I saw him on Thanksgiving he looked like he had been in a boiler room explosion. He said "never again" and that he would rather just deal with the other...
  20. C

Booties and gloves thread

I'm a huge fan of the Solites, with the heat booster socks. The 3mm plus socks were more than enough for me in NorCal, and I generally surfed extended sessions. 3-4 hours was hardly uncommon for me, especially in the lully reefbreaks in northern Sonoma and southern Mendo where the water was...