Search results

1. R

Thanks from Surfiction!

Just wanted to say thanks to those on the erBB who have been supporting my little surf tees business. We're going a new direction with a Japanese retro anime/manga vibe and so far the feedback has been positive. Thanks to everyone's support Surfiction has been surviving haha hopefully for a long...
  2. R

Self-Shaped Boards, Let’ See ‘em

Self-shaped and glassed. Poly + Epoxy Resin. Both surprisingly work great! Next is a pintail twin.
  3. R

5'3 Mandala ASQ

Hey grendel! How did you like that board? Was it too big/small?
  4. R

Boards for Sale - Torrance

Hey Waterlogged05, Nostalgic post! Honestly, it was one of the best shortboards my brother and I surfed. Worked best in better surf (3-5ft decent power), it felt great and under control in those conditions. I surfed it at my normal volume range and we both regret selling it off. Haven't found...
  5. R

Whats wrong with this board??

Makes me feel better about my own glassing ;)
  6. R

Second Self Shape

Did the epoxy saturate well for you? With one layer of 4oz or 6oz it saturated well but with two layers (4oz+4oz) I ended up with a lot of tiny bubbles. I used a good amount of resin too, I wasn't trying to skimp out.
  7. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks man! I'm trying but it's definitely hard being away from the water. Just been swimming everyday at the gym. Gotta find a way to get to the ocean more! Surfing any new boards?
  8. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks Aruka! Have you been glassing your boards using poly resin? I'm not sure if it's just the epoxy I got but it's terrible to use. Might try poly next...just watching video and it looks like it saturates so much better all the way to the rails.
  9. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks everyone for your positive vibes! Now only if they will ever open up Surf Ranch to the locals haha I'm only 30 minutes away...
  10. R

Second Self Shape

That's good to hear! A Burch asymm might be my next custom order for sure. I don't think I can shape something like that. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give the Akila's a try if I can find a set.
  11. R

Second Self Shape

Thanks guys! Yup, just learning on YouTube. I went with fuller rails not as tapered down as my fish. I used Kazuma's recommendation with the rail measurements. His videos are the best. JKB, the dims are 5'2 x 18.5 x 2.25. Surprisingly catches waves much easier compared to my fish. Even...
  12. R

Second Self Shape

My second board after shaping a 4'10 fish. Tried a twin pickle-fork but with a standard hybrid outline vs the more parallel shapes you see around. I had an old CI Pod and Pod Mod that I loved so used them as a base outline. I was also curious to shape a pickle fork and as I imagined, it sucked...
  13. R

Ryan Burch Surfboards

Looks so sick JKB! Lemme know how it goes!
  14. R

True Ames R. Lovelace Keel vs. Piggyback

If anybody is looking to sell their Lovelace Piggybacks, please let me know! Thank you!
  15. R

I started a surf brand...

Thanks for checking!
  16. R

Yea, definitely a tough market. Thanks!
  17. R

Hey Casa! I bought a few boards off of you actually, not sure if you remember. I remember getting your Merlot and something else...yea man, if you're interested, I'd be down. Honestly, it's just me trying to start this thing so if you have any ideas, please let me know. I don't have much money...
  18. R

Thanks otf! Really gives me inspiration to keep my head up and believe in what I do. sh!t, I'm in Fresno, CA trying to start a surf brand. I'm doing what I want and I believe in it! Thanks man for the encouragement!
  19. R

You never know, so why not buy a shirt? Gotta start from somewhere!
  20. R

Hey Aruka, thank you so much for your order. Yes, I definitely understand these aren't cheap and you've spent your hard earned money on this random dudes shirt designs. I appreciate it very much and I'm hoping you will enjoy the quality of the tees. With your support I will keep working...