Search results

1. S

Christenson Lane Splitter

100% I get skunked half the time. But idk, I like weird boards. to each their own.
  2. S

I disagree. I surf obx 30+ days a year. It can be tricky with steep pitchy takeoffs but there is plenty of room for experimental equipment until it gets big. And it can get big.
  3. S

Agreed. Barley could be a lot more interesting if he'd try something other than thrusters. The lane splitter episode was the only one I watched all the way thru :/ Would love to see him on a Mr. Buzz or a good roundpin twin
  4. S

“Rocker is everything,” emphasizes Stretch. “Dump the nose rocker, add the tail rocker. Tail rocker equates to nose rocker..."

I think it could've been a good design in good waves. But it was either the tail rocker or full deep single that fugged it up for me. I think it was the tail rocker,but I also don't like full single concave boards either.
  5. S

“Rocker is everything,” emphasizes Stretch. “Dump the nose rocker, add the tail rocker. Tail rocker equates to nose rocker..."

I wonder if the high tail rocker crew just have less beefy builds, however I wouldn't call NF chicken legged. To each their own I suppose
  6. S

Low nose, high tail rocker sucks imo. I hated the og rocket. Add some good ole vee off the tail and im good.
  7. S

Whats the scoop with these mid-lengths twinnies with channels I keep seeing?

As much as I don't like the album marketing/vibe, the ledge twin is my all time favorite board. Do it.
  8. S

Si, album ledge. It's wider than stock dims but still super pulled in tail. The bigger size geminis have been perfect
  9. S

Down in CR right now and didn't get the banging swell I was hoping for but my 6'5 ledge twin has been sooo fun even in less than critical surf.
  10. S

Sprinter vans

I was really close to pulling the trigger on a sprinter, then started getting into the nitty gritty researching cost of maintenace and ownership.... oil change prices were insane, specialized parts/mechanics, and read there are issues with the electrical systems. Not to mention vehicle taxes. I...
  11. S

That's the type of surfing I like to see
  12. S

I tell my friends and acquaintances they're just alright though... Should be getting the email from xtr anyday now for my freshy
  13. S

****Official Board Bag Fees Thread*****

It's horseshit. I'm nervous if they'll take my 8' bag back to the states
  14. S

Look at this Chinese EV….

Op's vid looks like the interior of a Canoo, but Chinese knock-off style. I like the Canoos and stoked someone is working on a functional ev van
  15. S

Sunblock

I wanted to start my own sunscreen brand but FDA has all but made it impossible for low capital start-ups
  16. S

Sunblock

Manda is my favorite brand for not being in the eyes. I use it for forehead down to eyes then something like casa suggested for everything else IF I didn't make my own. I still use manda in tropics (they got the formula down) for when I'm scared of the sun and risking sunburn. But you can make...
  17. S

El Salvador

I just think there are better places. The las Flores resort itself isn't very impressive in regard to food/accomadations and i think my girl would be bored if she wasn't comfortable surfing. Not a lot of wildlife to see either :/ Waves are fun as hell though if you can surf.
  18. S

El Salvador

I'd personally find a different location to bring my gf :/ las Flores can get intimidating too and there's some serious crowd and can be agressive.
  19. S

****Official Board Bag Fees Thread*****

American airlines no longer accepting bags over 117 linear inches (length + width + height). Sucked finding that out this morning trying to take my dad a new 9'10" this morning. Not even able to be charged as overssized I fuggin hate american airlines....
  20. S

Day Bag for Airline Travel

Pool noodles on rails, 2x cardboard sheets on deck and bottom, all wrapped up in tape and you good to go assuming you can fit it in the bag now. Never had an issue traveling like this. (add some nose/tail protection)