Search results

1. oneworlded

SURFER: Brand Improvement / Brand Guidelines Thread

The men's room at Surfer had a wetsuit changing shower. The ladies room didn't. One of the surfing ladies rightfully demanded a shower. So rather than spend the money on a new shower for their bathroom, they took the one in the men's room away. they also need to ask the right questions if they...
  2. oneworlded

SURFER: Brand Improvement / Brand Guidelines Thread

As the dude who worked to start up the Surfer website back in 1994, I've actually given this some thought. IMHO, at least part of what made Surfer and her sister pubs (Snowboarder, Bike, Powder, Skateboarder) "work" during the halcyon days before Petersen Publishing bought the company in, I...
  3. oneworlded

Sprinter vans

Guilty as charged. Hanging bike racks are great for wetsuits.
  4. oneworlded

Sprinter vans

We have a 2016 v6 non turbo transit medium length, mid roof. Passenger van we partially camperized. It's been madly reliable. Set it up so we can turn one seat around backwards to face the other seat so the kids have a blast traveling in it to go surf/bike/snowboard.
  5. oneworlded

“Insufficient Privileges to Post Threads Here…”

I avoided politics thread like Bohter avoided satellite imagery.
  6. oneworlded

“Insufficient Privileges to Post Threads Here…”

But what if Bohter returns and starts insisting the earth is flat because he can see oil derricks off Santa Barbara? Surf related because of tar in my wax last time I surfed Rincon. Oh- and do I get special privileges because I flipped the switch on this insane asylum in the first place?
  7. oneworlded

The Random Photo Thread - The Sequel

This is the kind of thing people used to spend their time making before social media.
  8. oneworlded

Crowded California

On Point.
  9. oneworlded

Crowded California

Here we have alligator attacks happening more often. My buddy dives for megalodon teeth right where this dude got hit. Sheesh. https://www.counton2.com/video/man-recovering-after-cooper-river-alligator-attack/9622418/
  10. oneworlded

Car Insurance Went Up Again

I've posted this short non-fiction documentary on surfing in Myrtle Beach before.
  11. oneworlded

Car Insurance Went Up Again

I've lived in Myrtle Beach. I would not move back there if you gave me an original GT40 and paid for its insurance.
  12. oneworlded

Interview with Jimmy Buffett's captain

The thing I always appreciated about Jimmy was how he treated the folks in his orbit. You treated him like the cool, genuinely nice dude he was and followed through on sh!t for him-and he would reciprocate. He knew he was famous but he also knew where he was from. But he was a f-ing genius...
  13. oneworlded

Surfers from West Oz + San Diego missing in Mexico...

Man, all this just sucks. Several buddies and I had my bachelor party at Quatros Casas when the boat ranch was still there. Was so stoked to take my wife eventually -- we were planning a trip. Shortly after my bachelor party rager tho, a dude camping had his gf raped in front of him there. I was...
  14. oneworlded

Interview with Jimmy Buffett's captain

This is a great read/as told to from my buddy Vinnie Lasorsa. Well worth your time. If you're viewing it on phone/iPad it might ask for an email address. If on computer it shouldn't. https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/page/remembering-jimmy-buffett-the-captain-and-the-kid
  15. oneworlded

The best Led Zeppelin song is…

The first time I heard Trampled Under Foot was in the snack bar at Eagles Mere Lake in PA back in the late 70's. There were hot chicks, pinball machines, dorks like me, and a jukebox. I'll never forget it. Such a killer song.
  16. oneworlded

This version of Kashmir seriously transcends space and time.
  17. oneworlded

You can see JPJ's Ledded influence in the transition on Them Crooked Vultures' No one Loves me - completely badass (3:30)
  18. oneworlded

Page and Plant Gallows Pole - to me this is truly one of the great live songs ever played.
  19. oneworlded

In my time of dying.