Search results

1. Sharkbiscuit

Musk's rocket launches must be stopped.

Been hustling so missed them the last two nights. A bit bummed; it was clear enough and the night launches are far and away the best IMHO. There was one a week or two ago but it was quite overcast so I'd see a faint glow, nothing, it would brighten, nothing.... Last clear night launch, from Jax...
  2. Sharkbiscuit

Get a passport

Moogsies v Clayster delivers in ways these shitty Jake Paul scraps don't. My compliments, gentlemen! I had no trouble getting a replacement license after I lost mine I think 2021. Maybe it was a couple years before that. Renewal is apparently much different. But personally I think Florida's...
  3. Sharkbiscuit

Duplantis new WR does 6.24m in 2023

@ElOgro Official Hurricane thread us, bro! Uncle Ogro starting that one is an erBB tradition!
  4. Sharkbiscuit

“Rocker is everything,” emphasizes Stretch. “Dump the nose rocker, add the tail rocker. Tail rocker equates to nose rocker..."

I don't share the philosophy at all. I had an OG Lost Rocket. It got into waves pretty well but if it was flat-faced and not at least chest high, it was a lot of work to keep that board moving. But all that tail flip made it feel awesome in tight pockets. It felt relaxed and in control and...
  5. Sharkbiscuit

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Grovelled some microfeeble yesterday evening. Mostly just trimming the minimush. Outstanding water color (for North Florida). Was on the fence if I should have had the log over the Bean Bag. Definitely should have left the leash. But it was a bit bumpy and the log usually no likey.
  6. Sharkbiscuit

How’s the stock market?

7. Sharkbiscuit

That's interesting. Monday here felt like it wanted the extra water and it was allowing more size and more open waves. Has not looked appetizing in the mornings with a smaller high tide. I had some fun days in April but there were just enough trade-style/strong PM SSE onshores that I was kind...
  8. Sharkbiscuit

Anyone ride trails when the surf is flat?

Used is a great call. I wasn't finding all that much in my area and I was tired of my old bike constantly shitting itself, and I'd just gone through some things (financially good/emotionally bad) and I bought a new one. Between Philly and NYC I'd expect the regional selection to be outstanding.
  9. Sharkbiscuit

I took out the Baby Buggy the other evening because the gems had easily enough steepness and throw. That was by far the most size/energy I've seen all month. Didn't get any gems. Plenty of push but the ones I got ran away or kind of fizzled after takeoff. I could really use an early season...
  10. Sharkbiscuit

Anyone ride trails when the surf is flat?

Yes. Not really. I have a Giant Fathom. I haven't had any problems with it but I've only ever ridden it at Hanna Park right on the coast here in Jacksonville. That might change this weekend if I go to NC. So the bike has had infinity tree root interactions with an idiot riding it, but very...
  11. Sharkbiscuit

Get a passport

In October/November I apparently didn't have a Real ID when I went to get my motorcycle endorsement. I tried to just ask them to add the endorsement to my existing license and keep the same expiration. No dice. Real ID or no soup for you. No idea where my Birth Certificate or SS card are, but...
  12. Sharkbiscuit

How’s the stock market?

Investing is how most of us plan on bailing someplace it's fun and not packed out with 18243786247823164782316547823164890312489623147826314578213547823164798623549875962137816378564012793647628340986214398706213489216598216984632148 people. I'm thrilled for a 2.5 day NE blowout. It feels...
  13. Sharkbiscuit

Is there surf in Iran?

DEATH TO DROP INS
  14. Sharkbiscuit

Is there surf in Iran?

From today's loosely related meeting: "Hi new corporate overlord, this is Sharkbiscuit. We discussed the action item where I give you a credential set that would allow you to administer (but also nuke) our email and every email communication we've ever had. Does that belong in the shared doc or...
  15. Sharkbiscuit

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

2:1 Xcelerator? Mine has cracking in the shoulders but I can't believe how flexy and warm it still is.
  16. Sharkbiscuit

who’s most butthurt

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
  17. Sharkbiscuit

who’s most butthurt

Half the Knicks are hurt and of course it has to be like 80% shooting in the first half. Game 7 Knicks are cursed. Even more than the normal Knicks. On the plus side, the Rangers are dank.
  18. Sharkbiscuit

Fiberglass Fins in bad waves.

I've never pepsi challenged some fancy construction template like Blackstixx vs glass in the same template, but I rode the old white fiberglass CI fins for ages pretty much universally in anything that wasn't fairly steep/bowly rampy stuff. Identical template I'd go fancyflex, but if there's no...
  19. Sharkbiscuit

Zipper (STAB's free new surf movie)

IMHO some good laybacks and other stuff. Only halfway through if that. Title needs work. It should be called Zippa. Or everyone should do what I do, which is call him Chipper with a clearly annunciated r at the end.