Oh shite
  3. tedshred5

Pyzel Pyzalien

4. tedshred5

CI Eco Carbon Tech video

Would be interesting to demo one and see how it feels
  5. tedshred5

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Agreed. I have the 4/3 and 3/2 Ferals and love them. Got the top for free on a promo when I bought my 4/3. The top feels thin and flimsy compared to the excellent build on the suits. And no cinch cord so it tends to ride up
  6. tedshred5

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Yeah, I’m one to talk as a frequent board order-er/seller myself, but the longer you hold onto a board and give it a chance and surf it in lots of conditions, the better chance it has of becoming “the best board I’ve ever had”. I’m trying to stick to that wisdom and hold onto boards longer too.
  7. tedshred5

Red Tiger vs Pyzalien 2

I’ve had both. Agree mostly with what guys above had said. P2 just feels more smooth to surf and reliable in all conditions and RT felt unpredictable at times. I still have my P2, sold my RT. Edit: I think if you went shorter/wider than stock on the RT but kept the same thickness, it could fill...
  8. tedshred5

Arakawa Double Smoked

This one has always looked good to me
  9. tedshred5

Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

Embrace the volume @ReForest all you need to round out that quiver is a DA El Tomo Twin
  10. tedshred5

CI Eco Carbon Tech video

wonder what the upcharge for the build is vs. the price tag on a Dark Arts
  11. tedshred5

CI Eco Carbon Tech video

12. tedshred5

Haha. Sheeze Louise reforest don’t sell your DA Vader just because it’s “maybe” 1 liter more than what you’re used to. Even Daniel Tomo would agree with that
  13. tedshred5

that makes sense, because it's a stringerless EPS blank wrapped in carbon with less epoxy glass (due to DA's technique) - the materials it's made of are more buoyant than the typical board.
  14. tedshred5

Sunblock

:porcorn:
  15. tedshred5

weight is not the same measurement as volume. re: buoyancy of "muscular" vs. "skinny", from Google: "Fat has a specific gravity of less than 1.0 and floats in water, while both bone and muscle have a specific gravity of slightly more than 1.0. Thus, persons with a high proportion of fat will...
  16. tedshred5

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

ya guess I won't be able to paddle it now. too much buoyancy
  17. tedshred5

Volume = how much "space" an object takes up. The reason why people say adding volume to surfboards adds buoyancy/float is because for the most part, it's assumed most surfboards are made of the same material - a foam core. Different materials have different properties - for example - foam has...
  18. tedshred5

Do you still surf?

yeah @vanrysss you happened to move to NCSD when the crowds, cost, and demand for housing is at an all-time high. glad you know what you want and have an exit strategy figured out though.