Search results

1. J

Is this normal?

Really bummed for you, that was an expensive mistake. I still cant believe he didn't make it right, or offer to make you another board if you pick it up? I know I'll never order a board from him, and it kinda surprises me that's how he does business.
  2. J

Stretch Buzzsaw V2 !!

I still think it's worth messing around with some different setups, I know in my 6'6" St#2's are the best, but in my 6'4" the Archbold fronts and future 4.15's (flat foil) go off. I've tried swapping them out, and was less than excited, but once I put them back in order, it was great again. I...
  3. J

Astro Deck pads

Sweet, I keep saying I'm going to get one of those Archy pads for a while now. I usually rock the Gudauskas on my boards now, I do have a couple of the Octopus grip too.
  4. J

Missing kite surfer found by phone call

Oh, they are so cute when their little.
  5. J

Stretch Buzzsaw V2 !!

1/2" for me, but my boards are battle ships.
  6. J

stretch boards support and board pron thread

What bout the buzz gun did you like better?
  7. J

Is this normal?

Sorry to hear, that's infuriating. I've always been curious about his boards, but I'll never give them a thought now.
  8. J

Thanks Aruka !
  9. J

Thing V2, thoughts, ride reviews?
  10. J

I think when you stretch out a superbuzz, you kinda end up with a 2x4? They are both rad boards for sure, I've had both, but if your looking for a board with more of an upper range, go buzzsaw.
  11. J

Anyone here riding a "Lil buddy?" I'm kinda looking at this model and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or experiences with it, compared to a 2x4 or a Thing V2?
  12. J

Length &/or Volume --> Getting old...

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered one.
  13. J

Yeah there is no way foam rolling is going to manipulate soft tissue like a good deep tissue massage. Foam rolling and SMR is still worth doing, along with a good stretching (static stretches) routine, for myself it's kind of like a holistic anti-inflammatory.
  14. J

Playa Nenao Panama

Hey guys, Anyone here ever been to Playa Venao Panama? Were considering a month long vacation there this summer, so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any recommendations.
  15. J

Cris Mills has a really good article on "pop-ups," basically a pretty involved active warm-up, followed by series push-up to pop-ups.
  16. J

Large fins vs. Medium fins for medium sized surfers...@ 130lbs Lakey rides size L, Filipe "always" rides size L @ 155lbs

I've tried those fins in just about every condition, on a few different boards, and never could get them to work. In mushier waves, they didn't have any drive, and in good surf I never felt locked in, I much prefer the "Matt Archbolds."
  17. J

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Is it just me or do most of futures's fins all seem to be very similar in shape?
  18. J

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Questions about the size of front and back fins, in a quad set up? At what point is a front fin to big, and a rear fin to small, and vice versa? I understand the controller set up for really wide tailed boards, fish, min-simmons etc., but for more HP quads is there a formula, or "Area" number...
  19. J

Jim Phillips longboards

I've had a couple of his boards over the years, his boards are second to none, the quality and craftsmanship. I've had a Tyler too, and I'd go Phillips every time, he and Andrew were awesome to work with, the "wildcat" was probably my favorite. His boards are reasonable, just know it's gonna...
  20. J

3 board travel quiver

HaHaHa, the Mantis shrimp is rad! That would actually be a cool name for a board model too.