Search results

1. Aruka

jon jon is the best teenage surfer in the world

Sorry, I worded that confusingly. JJF was the best surfer at the time when he was winning his titles. Not just because he was winning but because he was also putting out the best movies and charging everything. My point was just that it's weird to be disappointed by that level of achievement.
  2. Aruka

*** Official Shiseido Tahiti Pro Contest Thread ***

Caity looking comfy out there.
  3. Aruka

He won 2 titles, was easily on his way to a third when his knee exploded. I think it was the injuries, more than anything, that kept him from dominating. Im sorry that being the best living surfer didnt live up to your expectations :shrug:
  4. Aruka

SMTH shapes

I've had many Flyers. Great design for its time. The Maytrix is really quite different. Check one out in person some time if you get a chance.
  5. Aruka

SMTH shapes

What's funny is the board Duffy posted above, the Maytrix, is actually pretty different from any other squash tail thruster I have owned. It carries a lot of foam along the stringer up into the nose and the tail block is noticeably wider than your average thruster. It has a pretty low rocker up...
  6. Aruka

SMTH shapes

https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/smth-shapes-aka-jordys-new-label.228686/ I'm a fan of the shapes. All of the ones I've ridden were good boards. Nothing extreme or weird about them. The Drive Thru especially was a really reliable board for me in all sorts of waves up and down the...
  7. Aruka

Any tea drinkers?

Ah good call. My sister sent me a bunch of toasted barley tea from Korea and that stuff was dank. Been digging this chicory coffee stuff lately. I don't do caffeine after noon but sometimes I crave a cup of coffee and this hits the spot much more than an herbal tea does. They also make it in...
  8. Aruka

Any tea drinkers?

Celestial Peach Sleepytime and Yogi Gingerade are two of my favorites
  9. Aruka

This aged well.
  10. Aruka

Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

Fish and salad is pretty much my go to. Maybe some sweet potatoes or rice if I feel like I need the carbs.
  11. Aruka

Not eating late and going to bed early (although 9:30 is pretty crazy, kudos) are great things to do. Not eating fruits, veggies and nuts is pretty wild though. Aside from any specific foods that you are allergic to, I don't see any good reason to avoid or limit these entire categories of food...
  12. Aruka

If eating plants messes with your gut, you should probably eat more plants. I love meat and I eat it most days because protein is really important. The carnivore diet seems really dumb though. In a time of such abundance, why would you deprive your body of so many important vitamins, minerals...
  13. Aruka

Fiber is essential. 95% of US adults are fiber deficient. Duffy, we know you're special but still, eat your veggies.
  14. Aruka

*** The Official What Movies Are You Streaming Thread ***

The Holdovers on Prime. Didnt know anything about it. I see Paul Giamatti, I click play. I liked it. Refreshingly straightforward.
  15. Aruka

Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

I really wouldn't know. I kind of doubt it, since they are competitors. I would assume it's whoever has been building their HyFi stuff for years.
  16. Aruka

Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

It is. I agree it looked notably good under his feet. To be fair, it is a board model that he already loves and is very familiar with. I wonder if the overseas (Thailand?) builder of these carbon boards is the same one that is doing the Sharpeye C1's...
  17. Aruka

Sprinter vans

Weed is tight.
  18. Aruka

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

yeah, just trimming the meniscus I think.
  19. Aruka

Remember those FCS Fabric Leashes?

It looks like the newer version is the freedom helix. Not sure how it compares to the old one. Im a creatures or da kine guy. I found one of the old ones in stock at gorge performance if you are still so inclined. https://www.gorgeperformance.com/fcs-freedom-leash
  20. Aruka

Remember those FCS Fabric Leashes?

The freedom leash? My buddy and I were surfing some heavy beachbreak waves and his freedom leash got wrapped around his board during a wipeout and it cut through the rail of his board all the way to the stringer. I saw a pic online of another board with one embedded in the nose of a board...