Search results

1. E

Fins forward bottom up?

Unless you're sponsored and have to show the decals, board bags are for plane trips, not for going to the beach here. :waving:
  2. E

How do I get wax on and off my board?

Put your board on the car fins down. The sun will melt your wax and then you can rub it all over the roof to polish the car.
  3. E

Fins forward bottom up?

During the summer, nose forward, fins up. Otherwise, your wax will tend to melt in the direct sunlight.
  4. E

This 55yr old grandmother has bigger balls than you.

Here is the story from the Daily Mail with a little more detail and some pictures. Daily Mail link
  5. E

New show.. 'Rescue: HI-Surf'

Take a look at a Gidget movie if you think the portrayal of surfing was better in the olden days. :)
  6. E

Or they weren't brave enough to take her on. ;)
  7. E

I will think about this amazing woman as I swim my miniscule mile and a half this morning in a nice warm shark free pool. Can't imagine swimming in water that cold for that long. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
  8. E

DIYers and asbestos

I had to demo a house after building a new one on the property I purchased. It cost me more to have the popcorn removed from the kitchen ceiling than it did to demo & remove the rest of the house. On the other hand, if the house had been demoed with the popcorn still in it, and this was...
  9. E

DIYers and asbestos

It is totally illegal here for anyone other than a licensed mitigator to do asbestos work. If they catch you, penalties are very expensive. If they find the asbestos when you dispose of it, the entire load of the truck or dumpster is considered contaminated, and you have to pay for the disposal...
  10. E

The 5th Percentile.

Just on the days that I am the only one in the water. :waving:
  11. E

How long should a wetsuit last?

There is no one size fits all answer. How often do you use it? When you take it off, are you careful or do you stretch it to the max pulling it off. Do you rinse it well and hang it up to dry or leave it wet and sandy in the back of the truck for weeks on end? (Especially relevant if you...
  12. E

Link to Forums disappeared

I didn't even know that there was a drop-down menu on the side of the screen. Thanks for pointing that out.
  13. E

I didn't find it on the Surfer website. Very few people are here online and posting this morning.
  14. E

Subway, I saw that you were online. What's the inside scoop?
  15. E

When I go to the home page for Surfer Magazine, there is no longer a link to the forums. Am I missing something here?
  16. E

Fighter Pilots = DONE

Ask Jessica Biel about that Stealth https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382992/plotsummary/
  17. E

Vintage Surfer Magazines

I have issues from the late 60's through the 90's. Some may have been slightly affected by the mice that got into the trailer and nested in the boxes with the mags. :oops:
  18. E

The official total solar eclipse thread

Welding helmet worked just fine.
  19. E

Consecutive days surfing

How long to catch 3 waves today?