Search results

1. H

Foil Session Logs

Surfed a normal board for 4 sessions. I was feeling unfulfilled. I foiled today at a wave I typically don't like foiling. But the tide was super high today and it was 2-3 feet. Nailed 4 2for1's almost immediately. My pump was on point today. 2018 Naish Thrust still working for me. Gonna keep...
  2. H

foiling podcasts

Did you guys suggest any questions? I told him to ask Mizo what he thinks of all these guys who have to put straps on their boards to do airs :) I've been riding a normal board the last few days. I'm feeling unfulfilled after my surfs. I think I'm allergic to crowds is the main issue.
  3. H

Best foil for you.

Thanks ghostshaper. I was sad I didn't get to see it before. Pretty fun to listen to while typing reports. That new wing doesn't look super high aspect. Makes me want an armstrong setup real bad though.
  4. H

Best foil for you.

I've emailed with this guy to figure out how much to ship to Los Angeles. Kuno knows him on Maui and knows people who have bought gear from him. I'm interested but since I have to pay quarterly taxes this week I figured I'd just post the info here in case someone else wanted to benefit from the...
  5. H

Foil Session Logs

I kicked out of a wave yesterday through the oncoming whitewater. First time I've done an air on a foil. :) Flyaway out the back, landed on the deck and safely rolled off to the side. What fuselage do you have on that Axis 900? The one time I've seen an armstrong in person it was the 1200 and...
  6. H

Tuttle to plate adapters

He didn’t reply to my email asking what shipping to la would be.
  7. H

Foil Surfing Starter Pack

He has new gear. The nice thing about foil gear is even though I spent $1800 on my setup a year and a half ago, I've spent no more money. You're usually in deeper water and the boards are short and glassed strong. So it's not like a normal board that lasts 3 months.
  8. H

***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal***

Local spot on Kauai I was always afraid to surf. Not to many guys on it the last day of my visit, so I paddled out. I'm sitting inside the pack of 4 on the peak. Set comes, we're all paddling out and over towards the shoulder to get in position. One of the guys is obviously going. I realize I'm...
  9. H

Best foil for you.

If that was in Southern CA. I'd snap that up. Seems like a great deal.
  10. H

Best foil for you.

How are you piecing together used parts? I haven't seen a MFC on craiglist and I check it every few days I'm bored. Is there some foil reselling instagram you guys aren't telling me about?
  11. H

Tuttle to plate adapters

Are they all really $170? I’m considering a craigslist deal but it’s tuttlw and he doesn’t have the plate adapter. They’re basically all the same right? Having to buy a plate adapter kind of ruins the deal. Any cheaper options around a hundred?
  12. H

Foil Session Logs

Luff's? I kited for a season. Got good enough to do floaters strapless. It was a lot of setup and take down I didn't have time for when I had a new baby at home so I gave it up after my main kites broke. What are the odds you could get this going on a standard setup? IE: prone board and...
  13. H

Gong review thread.

Poetry. Basically Gregfoil is being proven more and more right about Gong :)
  14. H

Refuckulation thread.

There's no content on here so I'll tease people who don't read the other foil forums. Clam smashed a gong front wing onto a GoFoil fuselage.
  15. H

Gong review thread.

Sozzle weren't you going on a trip? Shouldn't there be long 3000 page reviews of new foils by now?
  16. H

Best foil for you.

How do you find any demo's? Not like there are shops that carry these things. Are there?
  17. H

Foil Session Logs

How was TC doing? Does he SUP foil when he's not being towed in?
  18. H

Foil Session Logs

There was a new guy out today. He's been foiling a month and already went from a full Naish setup to a 3'10" Amundson and Armstrong 1200. I think he jumped the shark a bit on the tiny board. Looked pretty hard to catch waves. Checking out that Armstrong with the short fuse was sweet though. You...
  19. H

Gong review thread.

So it looks like they went more along industry lines of sizing as far as naming medium/large/etc. That last picture of the gong L over the LoL 1600 is real interesting. Can't wait to hear the comparison of those two when you get more time on it. Oh, also, is there a significant...
  20. H

Best foil for you.