Search results

1. ReForest

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

I've thought about it. Its $200 or so. But I dont think its worth it. If I surfed the pier it might be, but that's not very often.
  2. ReForest

Lest I forget the ride report for today. Pulled up at dawn... not a soul in sight. I look around and see a lake with shitty side shore wind coming out of the South. Slowly, a car creeps in the lot. It's surfer Steve (the Asian one). We drink our coffee and discuss his heavy work load and how...
  3. ReForest

I am known in these parts as "the barrel dodger". No wax in front of the pad needed - EVER! I like to nose ride and get little cheater 5's on my Tomo sleds so wax on the nose is mandatory. You make a good point on the firewire stickers. Might have to take care of that this weekend. :unsure:
  4. ReForest

Took this weapon out for some shredding. Pretty fun waves. Super crowded. Somehow Griff and his buddies decided to paddle out at my lonely little sandbar. Kinda cool to see good surfing, kinda not cool to hassle with people that don't normally surf that spot.
  5. ReForest

Channel Islands 6-Channel Pod Mod, 6-Channel Pod Mod Step-Up and 4-Channel Peregrine!

Those CI Pod Mods looks pretty sick! Good deal on those.
  6. ReForest

Slater Designs Great White Twin

Yup. Trying to get to my surf closet dodging the kids, wife and the dog.
  7. ReForest

Tomo MPH

8. ReForest

Tomo MPH

:oops: What a donkey dick. Thanks a lot coach!!! I am in the exact same boat. Wife thinks its around $700. If I told $1,500 she'd lose her sh!t. Especially since we are supposed to be saving for my sons car. Come to think of it, I can't tell anyone in my household or I'm dead!
  9. ReForest

Why would I do that... it's not Timmy's fault. Timmy is the man.
  10. ReForest

Tomo MPH

Board is double the cost of the table. She has no idea or I would be dead.
  11. ReForest

Nope. It's actually waiting for me at the warehouse. I need to go pick it up. I spoke to Timmy about the board and even though he no longer rides for Firewire he said the board was actually a favorite for him. He said its a really good board. So I'm still frothing to try it!
  12. ReForest

Tomo MPH

I don't think I'll ever own a foil board. No matter who makes it. lol. Yep! It has been working great in the small stuff. Because this Vader 2 is wider than the original, I actually think it feels a bit GMM2-ish... but better. It has a more pulled in nose, but same wide/parallel outline as the...
  13. ReForest

Tomo MPH

Hells no! She was sound asleep in the bedroom and I made sure to not leave a trace of evidence that any surfboard was remotely close to "her" table.
  14. ReForest

Tomo MPH

The Revo has channels running throught the Vee, but the Vader seems to just have Vee (no channels) that blends into a quad inside single behind the fins. The feel different but similar. Here is the Vee hull from the front. Here it is from the back.
  15. ReForest

Tomo MPH

I'm still working it out, but I think it's the wide tail and the parallel outline that makes me think of it as a good groveler. It has a nice low exit rocker that has been working well in recent mushy oside waves. I rode the V2 in some pretty good size OH waves from this last W swell and it...
  16. ReForest

Tomo MPH

I would say Vader 2. The Vader 2 is starting to feel more and more like the sweet spot is HH and below. The wide point feels like it is below center and with that wide diamond tail its feeling really good in the small stuff. I think the Vader 2 would out perform the Evo on small stuff.
  17. ReForest

Tomo MPH

Longer rail line is better, IMO. But he looks sharp on the Vader 2.
  18. ReForest

Tomo MPH

Hey hey hey… the Red board curse only applies to Album. Leave the Vader out of this! lol. Tomo is ripping the bag out in those clips! Albeit, he has a perfect wave to show case any board. After riding the board for about a week or so I have some feedback but still working out fins and waves...
  19. ReForest

What is the best smell ever?

Fu Wax Un-smoked Marijuana Fresh Epoxy Resin Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil My wifes hair when she gets out of the shower My dog when he just got groomed A fresh cup of coffee A freshly cracked IPA A Cohiba Behike 56 Fresh Leather