Search results

1. ChaseTMP

Ben Webb Surfboards

If I'm going longer and thinner, gonna have to get some APE's and a new wetsuit with butt logo. If I'm going back, I'm doing it proper.
  2. ChaseTMP

Ben Webb Surfboards

I dunno, really good sarfer/shaper, but so is Daniel Thomson and Ryan Burch plus a handful of others.
  3. ChaseTMP

Tomo MPH

4. ChaseTMP

Tomo MPH

I should have learned when he brought up my daughter's name to one of the kids on his team when they were beginning to talk. She was mortified when it got back down the hill to RUHS.
  5. ChaseTMP

Tomo MPH

It wasn't Tucker, he knows better. It was a guy from the hill.
  6. ChaseTMP

Tomo MPH

I finally got caught by the wifey not being totally transparent about the cost of my borts. I knew she had around a $500 figure in her head and liked keeping her in the dark. A local high school surf coach was checking out my carbon Varial last week when I was walking home with my wife and he...
  7. ChaseTMP

Pyzel Ghost?

I hope there are some more Ghost worthy days, but with only three weeks and a few days of winter left, not sure if it'll get wet again at home for a while. Depending on the forecast, I may bring it to Kauai with me in early April. The biggest waves I've ever seen in my zone (Redondo) was March...
  8. ChaseTMP

Pyzel Ghost?

I wonder if that's the one Kolohe said (in this season's SITD) had a twisted blank and was for all intents and purposes an asymmetrical. @Pyzelsurfboards can you confirm the story about the "magic" Ghost?
  9. ChaseTMP

Tomo MPH

Bort looked everything but fast to me. Maneuverable and nimble, yes. Was Daniel ripping, yes, but I didn’t pick up on instantaneous speed. The OG Vader was one of the very few borts I bought OTR and had really high hopes, but could not make the thing go. I rode it at really good Lowers and it...
  10. ChaseTMP

Hynson and Mattison make psychedelic retro shapes

I’m amazed Mike can still communicate with people that may or not be on his current earthly plane. He’s a constant at a close friend of mine’s parties in North County and always seems to be out in orbit.
  11. ChaseTMP

Mindbender 2.0-2 Boards for NS Oahu

Where are you planning to sarf? I left there early last week. I hate driving, so I was mostly sarfing near my rental (Rockpiles zone). It's crazy how much the waves differ within a medium (20 minute) walk. I rode a borrowed 6'1 Ghost the entire time (aside from sarfing with my daughter who...
  12. ChaseTMP

*** The Official 2024 SITD Chloe Edition ***

I think Pukas may have been in a final on Mick's SITD. Axel (Pukas) seems to be part of the global Lost family and has scrubbed borts for KA in the EU, so Kolohe's reaction in Ep1 seemed to be something out of left field. The Patterson crew were feeling their oats after slinking out early this...
  13. ChaseTMP

Crosby will be riding the Xanadu. He's an FCSII rider and KA's are his go-to fin, plus I saw him at Foodland and Sunrise Shack in those Converse slides.
  14. ChaseTMP

*** Official Sunset Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

On replay, I think the score was fair. There have been deeper barrels and bigger turns from earlier heats. The fact he combined them was really impressive, but I wasn't yelling (to my wife's chagrin) when watching live.
  15. ChaseTMP

Mindbender: 2-board quiver, same model

Scott Burke 6' and 7'6" Baja Surfboard FTW! https://www.scottburkesurf.com/foam-surfboards
  16. ChaseTMP

The Patterson camp seemed pretty jubilant at the ep3 screening in Laguna last Saturday.
  17. ChaseTMP

Pyzel Ghost?

Me 6' 174 lbs. Paddles at least 2" longer than it is. I've ridden it for over eight hours over the last four days and have got a lot more comfortable throwing it around on the end sections of waves where they're < CH.
  18. ChaseTMP

Kelly should have dropped the mic after his last Pipe win. I try to pull for him in contests since he's only six months younger than me and has been an inspiration for more than 30 years, but it's been time for him to wrap it up for a while now. If every CT destination was guaranteed to be...
  19. ChaseTMP

Yeah, but he sarfs better than: Joe T and Kaipo. His ESL grammar is tough on me, but he has CT experience and obviously the Tati relationship. Joe Turpel sarfs really well, better than I had expected. He could have made some heats on the QS back in the day.