Search results

1. Oceanslide

Rickoray

Oh man. Rick was always positive and stoked on this forum. So many of us have followed not only his experiences, but Lulu’s too. Sending love to the E fam for a safe recovery!
  2. Oceanslide

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

waaaaa…poor me in Fiji for 10days in warm paradise! FU, S! I have a cast and out of the water for some time. BUT, the skiing in Mammoth the past few days has been pretty damn good.
  3. Oceanslide

Divorce Thread better than book thread

Surfboards. If you need types, PM or text me.
  4. Oceanslide

F’ing idiot broke my wrist playing b-ball. You all should get a minimum of 6 good weeks of surf. You’re welcome.
  5. Oceanslide

Fun waves to be had, but brutal waits for a while. Got an absolute nug HH right. Toward the end of sesh, an inside bar started to focus some hucking lefts and a pack of frothers mobbed it
  6. Oceanslide

YOLO ALERTS

Yep
  7. Oceanslide

Got some fun waves, both rights and lefts, on the VS Hyperglide, but lots of lulls and cold sitting around. I’ll take it though. Board is a blast.
  8. Oceanslide

Boards Ridden in 2023

Noserides better than the Apex but not as easy to turn. Apex may be a little better paddler. Liked, but didn’t love either. If I surfed clean small points the CP would prob be great.
  9. Oceanslide

Beautiful conditions and there were some good waves to be had, but pretty inconsistent, crowded, and most were fat and slopey. Should have had a mid or lb to capitalize. Got one fast runner right and lots of meh others. Still fun
  10. Oceanslide

Boards Ridden in 2023

5’8” VS Manta - barely surfed but always fun 5’10” Mandala DA Superchunk - same as above 5’10” Hydrodynamica GMM2 - very fun in playful beachbreak. More rippable than it looks. 6’6” VS Shadow - just traded for, very fun 6’8” Sakal Sabre twin - super versatile, good travel/Mex board 7’2” Mandala...
  11. Oceanslide

Entire west coast about to get some action

Everything is always overhyped now. With that said, there are waves breaking at least 30yds outside of the Del Mar Jetty right now. Not harbor N Jetty, the DMJ jetty. I haven’t seen that before. Saw a vid of waves breaking at the end of the pier a couple days ago. Haven’t seen that either...
  12. Oceanslide

Von Sale, plus a CJ Apex SOLD

Apex sold. All boards gone, thanks.
  13. Oceanslide

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

Had a bunch of fun sessions in the past week. New to me 6’6” Shadow will be a Swiss Army knife. New to me 9’5” CJ Neo Classic was great yesterday on a billion waves but need to figure out how to get my cheater 5 on without nose concave. Got an absolute NUG on my first wave today on the 7’2”...
  14. Oceanslide

9’5” Neo Classic. Haven’t tried yet, we’ll see.
  15. Oceanslide

yeah, it’s fun and pretty versatile. The 9’6” packs a crap ton of foam and is a paddle beast. Can’t imagine what a 9’11” version feels like. I picked up another board, but someone will love this one.
  16. Oceanslide

Apex for sale: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/oceanside-96-cj-nelson-apex-surfboard/7700168448.html
  17. Oceanslide

puddle fish....highs and lows of it?

Apparently not enough.
  18. Oceanslide

Entire east coast about to get some action.

2’-4’ Hawaiian at best.
  19. Oceanslide

puddle fish....highs and lows of it?

So the only option between a shortboard and longboard, on longboard or paddle board days, is a fish? Dafuk is wrong with you?
  20. Oceanslide

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

I hate you. I mean, so stoked for you!