Search results

1. trifish

Long Fish vs Mid Length

Second one?
  2. trifish

Pyzel Ghost?

I read that quote above as "Always curious how small & soft folks............. ride their ghosts". Made me curious also
  3. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

I'd guess a pintail moonie would have more control, maneuverability overall, while needing more push to get going. The sabre has a pretty wide tail and low tail rocker. Its fast and felt more skatey compared to other boards I had at that size. I liked it best on lined up waves that I could...
  4. trifish

WTB: Stamps Keels

I have a set of large nvs ones, only used a couple of times if you want them.
  5. trifish

Pyzel Ghost?

"If you are already a Pyzel guy, a properly sized Ghost is a no brainer. " << That. Still my fav board I've had of his and the one that's been in my quiver the longest.
  6. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

Sakal's working on one for me I should get soon. He knows the normal tkf I like from him & the dims for that one. I didn't give him any details on the new one, so looking forward to seeing where he goes with me saying "make me a longer fish that isn't too long w/ futures boxes placed for cc's...
  7. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

It could be, I didn't see any details. I've seen channels on both versions.
  8. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

Than you know what must be done.
  9. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

Yeh they usually don't. I've seen some one offs , but more rare. Out of the couple I've had, I've never thought...."i wish this board had channels". Works great as is.
  10. trifish

Long fish - but shorter?

A random clip I ran across yesterday of a guy on a 6'6" moonstone. Crappy rewind footage but shows how well it goes on rail and redirects for a longer straighter fish https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn8R3N0DWOm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
  11. trifish

Pyzel Ghost?

I go the opposite way and size mine like I would a legit step up 6" over my height. Mines a 6'3". When i'm grabbing that board, waters moving, sets are firing, and its a great day out, and I'm not trying to miss any. Does well up to DOH for me which is usually where I call it. The 1 board I...
  12. trifish

*** Official Fin Thread ***

It looks like Josh places his fins closer in than most which makes more sense for those. Personally I'd just stick to some flats on that link you posted.
  13. trifish

Mindbender: 2-board quiver, same model

A no nonsense kind of guy. No pumpkin spice latte for you.
  14. trifish

Anyone feeling a little bit tri-curious?

Quad still hot. 24' Return of the Fling
  15. trifish

Mindbender: 2-board quiver, same model

These would scale up/down well and cover a wide range.
  16. trifish

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

This thread made me think of this prime now clip. Board now!
  17. trifish

Reality check

You had mentioned get in early for just doing some clean wraps on soft head high waves. I'd rather it be a straighter outline to help paddle into them easier, wide point more forward, and a less pulled in tail. At first glance, that board looks like more HP than you would need for those days...
  18. trifish

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

8 months. Shaper sort of blew up, got flooded with orders, and had trouble scaling. I wasn't in a rush, so didn't mind. Just left a low deposit on it, and forgot about it. Board ended up being magic, and he even reduced the cost for the delay so I can't really complain. Usually most my...
  19. trifish

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

I got hung up on him saying you can ride it as a 2+1. Who is riding that as a 2+1
  20. trifish

Album Surfboards

It works great with a trailer. I stick one in sometimes when the conditions are rough to help stabilize it some or when I've been on thrusters for a while. Its not the easiest board to hop on randomly for a day. Takes some adjustment, but in between swells it is a lot of fun without the...