Search results

1. C

Pyzel Precious

Yeah I was debating that but went with squash in the end. Can't wait to see what the deck feels like underfoot, the rest of the design elements should be a safe bet. Have been on a quest to find a fish I really like, hoping the astro finally gets the job done. What fins do you like in your...
  2. C

Fin me- Astro pop

I liked AM twins best in mine, board has more hold than you would think
  3. C

Pyzel Precious

I did a thing.... Stumbled across the "your weight divided by 6 thread" the other day and realized that at 195lbs I probably shouldn't be riding 31-32l anymore - especially since I surf with a lot of rubber during winter time. Brought a few anorexic boards to the shop to trade in and put an...
  4. C

RNF 96

Putting pads on 4 new carbon sleds
  5. C

The new Christenson Wolverine

Stunning views do you need an au-pair? Haha
  6. C

Used to live in Portreath, so Down The Line was my go to shop. Epic selection of hardware, great staff too. I just noticed that Co.Lab is doing Love Machine Wills Fishes, very tempting....
  7. C

Sharpeye cheat code, poly glassing. I think it was an extra 40€ for the blank, plus I went with a white rail spray. If you don't put any colour on it, it's going to look like an old firewire haha. It's a bit heavier than regular PU, I'd say the 4+4/4 feels more like a 6+4/4. Doesn't bother me...
  8. C

Lost Uber Driver XL or Pyzel Mini Ghost?

FWIW I didn't care for the uber driver. Not sure there's much of a gap between the rnf and pyzalien, but I liked the ci happy everyday in tight pockets
  9. C

Pyzel Mini Padillac

I have a 6'2 ghost and a 6'7 MP. Transition between boards feels really seamless, not sure what that says about the rocker. If you order the same width and thickness I'd guess MP is more bladed out in the tail and has thinner rails, but more beef under the chest. I prefer the ghost as thruster...
  10. C

"Honey, what are you doing?" - "Nothing, just going to pick up a few boards in the states" I have been considering getting some xtrs or varials shipped, but for PUs I'll stick to "local" production. I'm currently riding a PU polyola, and whilst a bit heavier it's holding up really well. Pyzel...
  11. C

Pyzel (made at Polen) takes the cake, Sharpeye (Euroglass) second. Had a fin box explode on a Sharpeye last year though, half the tail was sanded through. Whilst they replaced the board eventually it was pretty annoying at first cause it happened on a trip. Unfortunately not ordering from Olatu...
  12. C

Olatu in Spain. I might let them know, but not sure what sort of reaction I'd hope for anyways:shrug:
  13. C

Probably had about 8-10 surfs on it. Felt a pretty deep foot well under the rear foot so I stripped the wax. The heel dent is probably about 1/4 inch deep, heaps of shatters in the glass. Not sure if the blank was soft or the glassing is off, but it's 6+4 on the deck and most my shortboards are...
  14. C

Pyzalien 2

Haha I removed the old pad and swore to never ever remove a pad again, such a dreadful job. The kick is right above the end of the base, that's where I always put them
  15. C

Pyzalien 2

Board is stock 6'0. Me 6'2 195, aiming for 185 but pizza and beer keep interfering. I liked my PU best as quad with h4, thruster the ams went great.
  16. C

Pyzalien 2

After I've just relapsed on a ghost last week I stumbled across this pyzalien on a second hand marketplace the other day. Absolutely loved the pyzalien I had a while ago, and having never ridden an XTR (hard to come by in Europe) I just had to pull the trigger. Then I realized that the sellers...
  17. C

You're stocked! The board is very fast indeed, it's crazy how much ground you can cover on a single bottom turn. My comment wasn't meant as a criticism on the wolverine, nor are those characteristics very surprising. It's just a type of board I'm not accustomed to riding, taking me some time to...
  18. C

bit of an update on the wolverine....after my first session on the board was a bit of a shocker (https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/official-2024-community-surf-journal.242790/post-3932418) it took me a few more surfs to really start to enjoy the board. It's a stock 6'6 (me 6'2 probably...
  19. C

Pyzel Ghost?

My 6.1 ghost died about a year ago and I've been managing just fine with a 6.0 red tiger and 6.7 mini padi since. Walked in a store today, fondled a 6.2 ghost and within 2 minutes I had to slap a pad on dat ass.
  20. C

Maldives quiver

Going to the maldives in a few weeks and obviously, I'm stressing out over what boards to bring. Current idea is: California twin - small days, or when extra glide is beneficial Cheat code - small to medium days Inferno ft - up to a bit overhead Wolverine - fun in anything, extra paddle power...