Search results

1. ChaseTMP

Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

There were a few “junky” waves in there, but many I would say looked like the epitome of fun. I think a lot of those guys are doing the QS or Challenger Series and since they’re riding thrusters in comps, they want to keep things consistent and not have to deal with too much adjustment/feel if...
  2. ChaseTMP

The Craigslist Thread

If you could grab it for $550, may be worth it. Looks to have been ridden substantially more than twice. The kook dent on the top looks like a good candidate for the heat-gun trick. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/spo/d/los-angeles-57-varial-channel-islands/7580695118.html
  3. ChaseTMP

Album Surfboards

It's the surfing equivalent of doing a TikTok on the beach. It's just a "look at me" or a "I like looking at me". I also write-off almost everyone who paddles out with a Go-Pro as a kook. Unless they're endorsed by Go-Pro and the waves are well overhead and spitting their guts out, as soon as...
  4. ChaseTMP

Stab in the dark 2022

I wonder how many borts Italo guesses the shaper before realizing riding them? I would assume one of the borts is shaped by Timmy. I’d hope he could at pick that one out of the crowd at minimum.
  5. ChaseTMP

Stab in the dark 2022

Italo’s reviews are going to be translated with subtitles, which I guess is better than watching him struggling to convey his thoughts in English, but that aspect takes a little away from my excitement to watch it.
  6. ChaseTMP

Fcs vs futures

Are the actual Futures fins made in the US? Or only the boxes?
  7. ChaseTMP

Fcs vs futures

I had the same problem and that coupled with at least one box getting a stress crack that would suck water on every Futures equipped bort finally made me say no more. FCSII isn't perfect. I was an early adopter and have lost two fins through spontaneous ejection. FCS sent me a replacement fin...
  8. ChaseTMP

Best Ear Plugs

This morning I talked with (probably yelled, since I had my Mack's silicone plugs in) with a local who had a Hydro Seal in his left ear and an Eartune in his right. He said the Hydro Seal was the most comfortable, but he's lost two in the last couple of weeks in bad wipeouts. He lost one...
  9. ChaseTMP

Gucci Sponsored Surfer and Some MOTE Footage

That lil' shampoo at 2:11?
  10. ChaseTMP

Best Ear Plugs

I'm curious how the Hydro Seals do. I've tried most types and even had custom molded ones. I've been back to a fresh pair of Mack's silicone every session. The negatives are: people on the beach can probably hear my conversations since I talk loudly when I can't hear, plus they don't seal well...
  11. ChaseTMP

Leash strings

That'd be ridiculous, they were only $99.99 for the five AND I got two free stickers!
  12. ChaseTMP

Leash strings

Guess I need to buy five new Albums.
  13. ChaseTMP

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

I missed that (just checked it out) on IG. Thanks for the tip!
  14. ChaseTMP

I'm 172, but should be back down to 165ish with my adherence to dry January. I'm an IPA fan and with double IPA's coming in at 300+ calories, I'm sure some weight will come off with those out of my routine.
  15. ChaseTMP

5'6.5" x 20.5" x 2.38" Fuse thrusty shaped this past Tuesday and heading back to Venerial next week for carbonara dressing.
  16. ChaseTMP

Leash strings

I literally tore apart my surf closet searching for a Shapers branded leash string on Saturday. There were probably 5-6 brand new typical ones that come with some leashes and tailpads, but noooo, even though I've never broken a leash string in 40+ years of surfing, I needed one of these...
  17. ChaseTMP

Eye Symmetry

I know Alan. I’ll ask if he has something I can try. He knew what bort Tucker was riding when I talked to him yesterday out in the water.
  18. ChaseTMP

Eye Symmetry

I have an incoming Stamps in Venerial carbonara, so I need to answer for that with the wifey. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a used one. I probably have 20+ pounds on the guy with the Rapture or I’d swap boards with him for a few.
  19. ChaseTMP

Eye Symmetry

A local who rips and coaches the Mira Costa surf team has me pretty much convinced I need a Rapture model in my life. It’s hard to think about getting a step-down when the waves have been pumping for over two weeks, but during one of the smaller windows I was pretty amazed how much...
  20. ChaseTMP

Some dipsh^t I see out relatively often, but don't even acknowledge with a head nod since he's such an fμcking kook, back-paddled me this morning, so of course I burned him. It was a pretty good wave and as I was lining up to hit the oncoming section I hear a "whoo!" and next thing I know I...