Search results

1. enframed

ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

His character in Slums is not far off, I was reminded of that character in LMS, as though the one in LMS is the same character 30 years later.
  2. enframed

ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

I just watched Slums of Beverly Hills for the first time. Good, strange film. Wonderful acting by a wonderful cast: Natasha Lyonne, Alan Arkin, Michael Corrigan, David Krumholtz, Marisa Tomei, Jessica Walter, Rita Moreno, Carl Reiner. Thoughtful deadpan comedy/drama with sufficient amount of...
  3. enframed

Authori-Florida wants your period information

Under his eye.
  4. enframed

Mental Healthcare

Dignified death/euthansia should be legal in America. Seems like it could be a problem in this case if it was being done against the mother's "will." Should someone else be able to decide "It's time for her to die" if she doesn't want to? Tough situation. I only hope that if I end up that way my...
  5. enframed

Anyone into Scotch Single Malt Whisky?

Octomore is Bruichladdich, and also heavily peated, might be their highest PPM. IIRC it's a single farm expression, the farm being called Octomore. It's very expensive but bottled at close to 60% abv, so there's that.
  6. enframed

Mental Healthcare

I write with all the gravity it can convey: they suffer. That really sucks for your friend and all involved.
  7. enframed

HBO - The Last of Us

I am enjoying it. Looking forward to Sunday. I like Pedro Pascal as well, good actor. Bella Ramsey is being criticized (or the producer/casting)? That's fucked up. She's great in it.
  8. enframed

Anyone into Scotch Single Malt Whisky?

Bruichladdich is awesome stuff, indeed, the whole line.
  9. enframed

YOLO ALERTS

That Haole Mole looks nice. Want one in 6'7".
  10. enframed

What should America do about the childhood obesity epidemic?

How fortuitous. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/podcasts/the-daily/childhood-obesity-america-guidelines.html
  11. enframed

Bad comparison.
  12. enframed

If you did this many would lose weight.
  13. enframed

Cooperfish/Gene Cooper...

They are beautiful boards. Now I remember mine was not a "Cooperfish" but I think it had Cooper Designs. I don't really remember. It was white/clear, no resin tint. It was amazing on small point/reef days.
  14. enframed

I was thinking the other day about how we are being served mixed messages. On the one hand "body positivity" is being promoted, "healthy and beautiful at any weight," and on the other hand this "epidemic." Can't be both.
  15. enframed

Cooperfish/Gene Cooper...

of all the boards I have sold the only one I still think about and miss is a 6'8" Cooperfish V-bottom hull kinda thing with really knifey rails. Fcuk that board ruled. Sold it while I lived in Santa Cruz to a guy from Sonoma County or somewhere north of there maybe.
  16. enframed

what'z on the menu?

This is my go-to, to which I might add a little something or other, sometimes. I have not met anyone who doesn't love this sauce. https://food52.com/recipes/13722-marcella-hazan-s-tomato-sauce-with-onion-butter Food52.com and Seriouseats.com are the sites I check first when looking for...
  17. enframed

Good guys without guns...or LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Lemon juice.
  18. enframed

"Free Speech Absolutist" At It Once Again

I agree.
  19. enframed

feel he her she its pain

"Child" works best here, probably.
  20. enframed

"Free Speech Absolutist" At It Once Again

The hubris that Musk thinks Twitter can be "fixed" and he is the one to fix it.