Search results

1. B

There's a nazi at the thanksgiving table and 10 guys sitting there talking to him....

Actual quotes but again they're from 15+ plus years ago. Seems like you're not interested in a conversation. If that's the case, why are you here?
  2. B

Happy Romans 1 Month!

That's what I hope to do when I lose my folks. That said, my wife lost her father in a super messed up/tragic way. She and the family were all feeling much better after having a "proper" funeral at the church. Whatever works for you but there is something to the old rituals, at least to those...
  3. B

There's a nazi at the thanksgiving table and 10 guys sitting there talking to him....

Not cool, but that quote is very old and it appears that it was a misguided attempt to support Indian-Americans. I agree to some degree that if Trump said that today, the left would jump down his throat. That said, this thread is discussing a significantly more offensive issue that happened this...
  4. B

Lovemachine FM

I love my Will's Fish. I wouldn't say it grovels great but if there's some push it's a blast.
  5. B

Lovemachine FM

I'm not educated on these but am very curious. I rode my buddy's 6'8" hand shaped FM (he bought it used so no ideas on the dims, not listed on the board) a month ago and really liked it. I'm not sure I'd love it at a beach break but it felt really good at an overhead slopey reef.
  6. B

5 Mil or 6 Mil?

I think you'll be stoked in a Medium. That said, definitely try it on more than once before you surf in it as it will stretch/mold to you a bit. When I first put on the Medium I thought "no way" but after taking it off and putting it back on again, my confidence was restored.
  7. B

5 Mil or 6 Mil?

I prefer my Feral suits to my Isurus suits. Granted the Feral's are newer than the Isurus, fit could also be the issue as my Isurus suit flushes a little too frequently In general, I've become a fan of Feral's style of suits (no liner, thicker neoprene). The Isurus liner is very nice but I find...
  8. B

5 Mil or 6 Mil?

FWIW I surf NY and am very happy with my Feral 6/5/4. To me it feels like a nice/warm 5/4. A little stiff at first but breaks in after a session. I prefer it to any of the other 5/4's I've used for deep winter conditions.
  9. B

Warmest hooded full suit and favorite winter gear

Yeah, a little bit. I'm 5'11, 165lbs, longer torso, shorter legs. My 654 is a MT and my 543 is a M. Both work well for me but the hood on the 654 felt really tight in M so I went a little longer in the thicker suit. The 543 is a luxury but is nice to have, not quite as warm as my 5/4 Isurus but...
  10. B

I don't know if this makes sense but my Isurus felt very warm when there is full sunlight. Not as warm when overcast. The Feral felt more consistent in varying conditions. This could all be in my head but that's how it felt to me.
  11. B

Same neoprene but The Feral suits have no lining and are slightly thicker, specifically in the chest. The Isurus suits are a bit thinner but have a fancy liner that is supposed to do all sorts of tech magic. The tech doesn't not work, but I find that the slightly thicker neoprene on the Feral is...
  12. B

Agreed. My 5/4 Isurus is definitely a quality suit but I have had issues with flushing in heavy surf. However, my biggest nuisance is that the lining is pretty sticky so it's a bit of chore for me to take off (I've got a terrible shoulder, torn bicep tendon/torn labrum etc). The Feral isn't...
  13. B

I'm also on the East Coast. FWIW I prefer my Feral 654 to my Isurus 5/4. It's also significantly cheaper.
  14. B

Custom Lost Order for East Coast

Anybody try going custom Lost through XTR? Same troubles?
  15. B

Perhaps Cliche.. but Costa Rica June 2022..

I don't think Ollie's works anymore, or at least that's what my boat captain told me in April. But Witches is super fun and looks like the tide will be good. You're stoked!
  16. B

Album Surfboards

I'm on the East coast so I had a bit of a head start ;) It's a blem, couldn't resist the discount. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery so needed something to help keep the motivation up.
  17. B

Album Surfboards

I'd be thinking the same but I scored a 6'4" Townsend off the varial site yesterday so I'm gonna wait for feedback on the Moonstone pin. YOLO!
  18. B

Album Surfboards

Sounds awesome! If you don't mind, please let me know your dims etc. I'm thinking I'll order a moonstone pin from Varial but am looking for some more info on sizing and how it goes in overhead surf.
  19. B

Cole eeV twin?

Thanks
  20. B

Cole eeV twin?

I had the 6'9" Twin Pin for a while. I liked it but didn't love it for the waves near me (east coast beach breaks). I could duck dive it but not very well, would be a struggle for me to get into the lineup when overhead+. Didn't like it for small surf but once up on a solid wave, it was super...