Search results

1. Sharky

Anyone use a Swiss bar for bench/OHP?

Dumbbells. Obviously you can vary your hand position, width of your grip and range of motion from one rep to the next. Your numbers will go down (if that's something you care about). Much easier to handle more weight on a bar. But why make it easy?
  2. Sharky

Do You Believe Covid was a lab manipulated virus that somehow got out of a lab? Anonymous Poll.

At first I thought your response was completely absurd. You must like it because you keep repeating yourself. But, now that I think about it, in some ways, the ostrich philosophy is SO much easier isn't it? Our government is lying. Their government is lying. We (as in you and I) can't do...
  3. Sharky

Another day, another (Walmart) mass-shooting.....

Yes Stu. :rolleyes: Lance posed a question re whether "Colorado Springs" (his words) had a red flag law. I answered in the affirmative, "Yes. CS has a red flag law." It's in Colorado. I understand the concept. From my post, "Could Colorado's Red-Flag Law..." -Sharkey Relax. How many times...
  4. Sharky

Legendary surfer/shaper reviews Firewire Surfboards

We did a few BASE boards for LSD in the past. My personal opinion is that by the time you had bought a blank in the U.S., paid me to cut it, paid your approved/trained scrubber to scrub it and then paid a glass shop to glass it and then had your rep (or me, unpaid) deal with delivery to the...
  5. Sharky

California Air Resources Board: Mandate all new trucks operating around busy railways and ports be zero-emission vehicles by 2024.

I don't think the technology is there yet. I'd be concerned that what this will do in the short term is raise the price of virtually everything in California that enters by truck. Which would obviously impact the economically disadvantaged. Maybe I'm wrong on the tech. Time will tell.
  6. Sharky

Another day, another (Walmart) mass-shooting.....

Yes. CS has a red flag law. Obviously it was unenforced Could Colorado’s Red-Flag Law Have Prevented the Club Q Shooting? - The New York Times (nytimes.com) More gun laws, stricter gun laws, none of that will help when the laws aren't enforced. And we have definitely seen over and over again...
  7. Sharky

Do You Believe Covid was a lab manipulated virus that somehow got out of a lab? Anonymous Poll.

Why does China refuse to cooperate with the investigation of COVID origins? I don't believe I have read a single solitary account of any investigation that has not sighted the lack of cooperation, or outright opposition, of China re investigation. It almost seems like China is trying to hide...
  8. Sharky

I actually added some relevant content. Your contribution was… :poke:
  9. Sharky

The forum's self-anointed Mr. Science has spoken. Up late grading papers again?
  10. Sharky

Assuming it was an engineered virus that escaped from a lab, one would hope that identifying that mistake, learning from that mistake, figuring out what went wrong, could perhaps prevent this from occurring again with a far more deadly virus down the road. Say something with a 90% fatality rate?
  11. Sharky

https://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/report_an_analysis_of_the_origins_of_covid-19_102722.pdf “Conclusion As noted by the WHO Scientific Advisory Group for the Origins of Novel Pathogens, the COVID- 19 Lancet Commission, and the U.S. Office of the Director of National Intelligence 90-Day...
  12. Sharky

5 dead, 18 injured in Colorado nightclub shooting....

That kid was born with two strikes. The miracle would have been if he was not in some kind of profound trouble before age 25. Re the nonbinary they/them stuff, is there any record of this pre-arrest or is this just his attorneys trying to maneuver their way around the hate crime charges?
  13. Sharky

Ignore.
  14. Sharky

Trans kids' treatment can start younger, new guidelines say | AP News U.S. parents accept children's transgender identity by age three | Reuters
  15. Sharky

Bitch please.
  16. Sharky

She? :dancing: My new all-purpose pronoun is "bitch."
  17. Sharky

I had a woman give me sh!t one time for holding the door open for her. I can't help it, it's the way I was raised. I still do it, and that one particular woman is the only one that was ever offended. Other than her, pretty much all smiles and thank yous. Which brings up the whole toilet seat...
  18. Sharky

It's tough to teach an old dog new tricks isn't it?