Search results

1. T

Album Surfboards

Plasmic board review! Me: 155 pounds x 5'9", live kauai Board: 5'0" x 19.75" x 2.35" (stock dims, ordered from varial) This board is insane! I have a whole new outlook on summer groveling now that I have this board -- the ability to make speed and do full wraps/cutties on really bad...
  2. T

Album Surfboards

+1 on Album NVS twins for twinsman TA felt a bit big for me
  3. T

Album Surfboards

tried a bunch of different twins in the plasmic and the AMT is the hammah; super squirty and just the right amount of release. i weigh 155 so def would need a bigger fin if you weigh much more i think duffy turned me onto fins with more cant working in a board with a deep double/channel like...
  4. T

Boar for big mushy waves

any midlength twin for sure at least 7' so you get the glide to deal with the mush
  5. T

YOLO ALERTS

have received boards from album, varial, and real watersports all of which were packed excellently i can't believe they would pack a board that gucci like that
  6. T

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Have those Shaper's fins; tried them in my twinsman and was too much fin for me but could be perfect in a bigger board. Will give them a go!
  7. T

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Just got a 6'3" album moonstone with futures boxes and the fin rec is something like the FCS modern keel as opposed to a traditional upright fin (of which I have a bunch) any thoughts of what would be best in futures? I was looking at the true ames lovelace piggyback/keel or the captain fin...
  8. T

Album Surfboards

I got the twinsman glassed standard -- it def doesnt feel like a potato chip tho (could be just the fact that there's a fair amount of foam in the board). moonstone i got glassed 6/6x4 and feels solid no glasser's lam on the boards so maybe they did these in house; will report on how...
  9. T

Album Surfboards

You're stocked moonstone looks absolutely ideal for OB
  10. T

Album Surfboards

Thinking of it as a Kauai winter "daily driver" for the shoulder to OH range depending on the wave I have had very similar experience with my stock twinsman as people above: moments of brilliance, but definitely did NOT like a flat wave -- will be interesting to see if a longer, skinnier...
  11. T

Album Surfboards

medium yolo alert -- i've never ordered TWO customs at once: 5’9” x 18.88” x 2.35” twinsman round pin with beak nose 6’3” x 19.25” x 2.44” moonstone round pin initial thoughts: beak nose twinsman carries a LOT more foam up front than my 5'4" version, which is exactly what I wanted. board...
  12. T

Puerto Sandino in a week and a half

beachbreak past sandino that sharkbiscuit mentioned is dope -- definitely recommend getting over there for some emptier waves my experience was very similar to everyone elses: good wave, pretty crowded, tide crucial. we didn't time it with the good tide window there and so a lot of our...
  13. T

stretch boards support and board pron thread

FWIW I had a SB with 5 boxes and tried A LOT of fin combos and by far my favorite was AMT twin + trailer controller quads was a close second but a little too much fin for me
  14. T

Album Surfboards

I talked with Matt about a Moonstone RP vs. Townsend and he said the Townsend has more "midlength" vibes -- wider nose, flatter, and with more lower range but maybe less of a true stepup for pumping waves. Pretty much exactly what Duffy said... I wanted something to replace a magic 6'3" ledge...
  15. T

Album Surfboards

6'3" x 19.25" x 2.44" which is a little bit narrower/thinner than stock dims; I've found that I really like the feel of narrower twins especially when I want to put them on rail at high speed (also paddling less of an issue here compared to OB obvi) I think my ledge is around 6'3 x 19.5" x...
  16. T

Album Surfboards

i am 5'9" x 155, live kauai board is 6'3" x 19.25" x 2.44" -- I went a little narrower than stock will let you know how it goes!
  17. T

Album Surfboards

just ordered a 6'3" moonstone pin to replace the 6'3" ledge that I love (and also broke in half/repaired, so it's on it's last legs) matt said it's got similar paddle power with more rip-ability (my paraphrasing of our conversation) compared to the ledge very stoked to get in hand; will...
  18. T

Central California -> Northern Oregon Surf Camping

Trip report! Surfed every day and got mostly good weather which feels like scoring given the high variability of the zones up there. Rode a 5'0" Album Plasmic pretty much the whole time which went well in the weird/flat/sometimes good waves on offer and was toasty warm in a 5/4 with boots except...
  19. T

Album Surfboards

have a stock 5'4" x 19.25" x 2.32" twinsman; just ordered a 5'9" x 18.88" x 2.35" beak nose twinsman with the goal of something with more paddle power / rail line will report back when i get and ride the board!!!!!! FYI besides the cost (duh) ordering experience from album so far has been...
  20. T

Alpha Omega board review (Surfline)…

have AO and it is a really really good feeling board for a specific kind of wave i have found as long as the wave has curve (even down to like knee high) it goes great, but does not like flat faced waves even if they are bigger; also with the hard rails and lots going on bottom wise not a great...