Search results

1. R

Good hooded 4/3?

I can only think about "So I Married an Axe Murderer": Look at the size of that boy's head. I’m not kidding. It's like an orange on a toothpick. Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid. Has it's own weather system. No kidding. His head's like Sputnik. Spherical, but quite...
  2. R

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Anyone know of a good 3/2 or even all 2 mil with smoothskin? Need something for the cold, windy offshore days where the water is still relatively warm. Wind goes through my long sleeve Hyperfreak spring and my 2mil and 3/2 Xcel comp suits which are all great when it's not windy.
  3. R

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I don't really trust booties without velcro cinch straps across the foot not to end up swollen and full of water.
  4. R

DHD - "Utopia"

Doesn't seem all that dissimilar from the DHD Project 15 I had years ago- flatter rocker, single to double, wider in nose and tail... Was a great board so I assume the Utopia might be a good one too.
  5. R

CI Twin Pin

Mine went great in perfect mainland Mexico point breaks at about chest to head high. I was surfing backside which shouldn't really be the best for twins but it handled it well. No hitches or feeling like it wanted to spin out. The big Britt Merricks probably helped here. I've taken it out about...
  6. R

CI Twin Pin

I've been running the Britt Merrick Twins but besides a trip to Mexico where it went great in perfect point breaks I haven't really clicked with the board. Seems like it wants a bigger and cleaner wave than we've been getting lately so It's been collecting dust mostly. Not sure if it's a fin...
  7. R

Does anyone make something like this...

Anyone have any experience with Ghost Shapes? Think they do some boards for the Surfboard Broker. I like the look of their Ghobra: https://ghostshapes.com/shapes
  8. R

I'm out in CA the month of December so I could order something and pick up then. Besides a few Ricky Carrolls when I was in high school, never had anything shaped on the east coast anyway. Oh, Faktion has some good looking channel bottom twins.
  9. R

Yeah, this looks pretty good. I've thought about one of these before. Thanks for reminding me. Kinda want to throw channels in it and make it a twin.
  10. R

New York.
  11. R

All interesting boards but more eggy than maybe I'd want. Kinda thinking of a fuller width (but not thickness) shortboard more than a mid. Kind of along the lines of the short wide dumpster diver-y trend but pulled out to the low 6 foot range without gaining rail. I had a Hypto for a long time...
  12. R

I've become addicted to the glide of my 7'0 mid length. Really nice smooth turns, good wave catching ability but mostly it's the feel of the planing area. Recently I grabbed my brother's Lost RV to try something different. Even though it's only 5'7, it's 21 inches wide and gives me some of that...
  13. R

Puddle Jumper Pro review

The Real Review is on their site: https://www.realwatersports.com/collections/lost-puddle-jumper-pro Not particularly enlightening but its' there.
  14. R

Firewire cancels FCS

I dropped FCS for Futures a few years back just because most of my off the rack boards started coming with Futures. The fins seem like they are of better quality and I've never had a box blow out like I did with FCS plugs. The FCS 2 thing was just a reaction to them loosing their patent on the...
  15. R

Modern board like Lost RV

Couldn't buy a Manta, GMM or Stamps WTF, just too ugly and straight outlines though I know people swear by them. Need a little curve and the waves I surf tend be a bit punchy and don't lend themselves to such straight outlines. Had a Fling briefly here too and while I loved it in Califonia, it...
  16. R

Yeah it's the combo of the wider bottom and the concave that I don't like. I tried the Lib Tech version of the PJ I think and also had same experience on one of the Rocket variants, maybe a V2 which was pretty wide. I might just steal my brothers RV but the LazyToy II looks interesting.
  17. R

LazyToy II might be the call. Gremlin looks interesting as well but maybe a little chunky in the rail. LazyToy II looks like a mini egg. Thing I like about the RV is that it's a pretty foiled 2 3/8 and just feels really good, better than my Bottom Feeder did rail wise. I'd use it in anything...
  18. R

Grabbed my brothers 5 or 6 year old mint condition RV yesterday and wholly crap that thing went so well. It's 5'7 x 21 x 2 3/8 and just was a rocket ship in waist to chest high little Earl leftovers. I sold my 5'5 Bottom Feeder years ago and forgot how well these things work. Was thinking of...
  19. R

Best Flip Flops?

You don't like putting something into your mouth you opened with something that you walked through crap with?
  20. R

Stab E.A.S.T. with Mick

Joined to watch that thing with Dane and Mikey Feb and Mason Ho on alt boards at a Mexican point break. Mason Ho's open mike was worth the price of admission. Then I cancelled when I was done with that. Like paying for a movie. The best part of anything Stab is the comments section. It's...