Search results

1. M

Ryan Sakal

I heard that he is the mastermind behind the Fling.
  2. M

SF beatdown

Speaking of homeless... Went to downtown San Diego for a Padres game a few days ago. It was disgusting and I don't understand how the city leaders let it get to that point. I can't even take my kids to a game because I wouldn't feel safe walking around the area.
  3. M

Hawaii- Done

This stuff is supposed to work: Home (stingnomore.com) Jellyfish almost killed this scientist. Now, she wants to save others from their fatal venom | Science | AAAS The person who developed it is a researcher at UH.
  4. M

Hawaii- Done

I got zapped on my forearm once. It hurt like hell and I had a mark on my arm for over a month. So much worse than man o wars.
  5. M

Home improvement - where to start?

My friend is a finish carpenter and handyman. He only takes on smaller jobs that take less than a few days (cabinet refinishing, flooring, cabinet installs). He does incredible work and is very precise. Also shows up on time and finishes everything to spec. Told me that he has so much work...
  6. M

Just cap it and electrical tape it if you're really worried
  7. M

The best thing about DIY is you learn how things are built and how various home utilities work. I wouldn't attempt to do a huge remodel alone. But I'd at least know what to look for when the GC is working with his crew. I'd also know what to ask for and expect when getting plans drawn up by an...
  8. M

I did a lot o remodeling on my house in Hawaii. I've saved so much money. Probably going to need to hire a framer at some point to frame out a floor and add a bath to my master bedroom. I've heard so many horror stories about remodeling and bad contractors. One friend budgeted $300K and ended...
  9. M

Animal Kingdom

That's what turned me off. It seemed so weird and fake. Maybe I need to try again because I only watched the first episode. It has a lot of good reviews.
  10. M

Animal Kingdom

I didn't make it past the pilot episode. Seemed corny and over the top to me.
  11. M

Navy SEALS - cheating and PEDS?

That's the funniest joke I've heard all day. Intelligent? Yes. Athletic? No. Most hornet guys I worked with looked were definitely not athletes at any point in their lives.
  12. M

Navy SEALS - cheating and PEDS?

Most SEAL Officers are normal and tend to be high achievers. Never really had a problem working with them. Jet guys on the other hand...I have more bad experiences with them in command than good experiences. Helo guys tend to be the most laid back. Marine Helo guys are like Navy jet guys and...
  13. M

26. how many other non partakers out there?

I used to drink a lot. Joined the military at 19 so trees and anything else was off the table since you get tested regularly. Never tried any drugs (coke, x, etc...) prior to joining. Never had the desire. Good old booze was enough for me. Had a few close calls with losing my career from...
  14. M

Andy Lyons For Mayor!

I just hate how everyone get's involved now. Let people handle their own problems. Instead we have the internet mob to jump into anything and everything over every perceived act of aggression.
  15. M

Andy Lyons For Mayor!

I surf on a military base a lot. Recently this mid 20s guy burned me. I confronted him and he said I wasn't going to make the section. I was kind of dumbfounded so I told him fook you and gave him a hard time for a bit. He then tried to pull rank on me :rolleyes:.
  16. M

eFoil Pricing = Ridiculous

I've seen forums where people make them with Chinese aliexpress foils. They're not very complicated. I can't believe people actually buy them for $10K plus but I keep seeing them everywhere.
  17. M

Andy Lyons For Mayor!

Hardcore locals like Sarlo and Lyon bitch about how things changed while they're both real estate agents. lol
  18. M

Andy Lyons For Mayor!

Serious question for the ERBB: What does Malibu look like when it is big? Is it still packed?
  19. M

Newer Cars

I hate how expensive cars are right now and hope the market corrects soon. Priced out a Ram tradesman. It has everything I need. No fancy airconditioned seats or anything else to break. I can do 99% of my own work on my vehicles. Total came to $43K for a base model crew cab. Ugh. Bring back the...
  20. M

Hawaii- Done

Wow that was pretty bad. Hope he gets some jail time.