Search results

1. Hazrus

Lost 1996 Round Nose Fish?

I tried my brother’s rnf96 the other day. stock dims. It definitely feels wide for what it is - I reckon slightly narrower would be fine Racer
  2. Hazrus

Firewire cancels FCS

This article from Swellnet states that firewire are going to be Futures-exclusive from now on. While I prefer futures myself, the reasons Mark Price gives are laughable and Stu from Swellnet sees right through that. I wonder if this will have any effect on the market?
  3. Hazrus

Peter Schroff and Hayden Cox Collaboration

More like 99% / 1%
  4. Hazrus

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

The Isurus looks good, but that's quite expensive. It would need to last longer than 2.5 needs suits to break even...
  5. Hazrus

How many sessions do you give a new board

I never said I was successful :roflmao: Honestly, the most I've ever made from a board was $50, which is probably $30 in US money.
  6. Hazrus

Fcs vs futures fin box test

My thoughts: Best box: probably FCS2. I've had slightly less issues with them over the years. Best fins: Futures (including aftermarket). For thrusters, either system is fine for me. For twin fins, I feel FCS2 box is stronger. It's just a pity that the twin fin options are far more limited...
  7. Hazrus

How many sessions do you give a new board

New boards: minimum 5 sessions - if you sell it you're gonna take a huge depreciation hit, so why not? Used boards: 2 sessions, then try and flip for more $$$.
  8. Hazrus

Front and back traction - no wax?

Your post reminds me - I've got some pieces of that on the board I mentioned earlier. It is located just up from the tail pad for a distance of around 200mm or so (8"). It feels very rough, almost like grip-tape when surfing. I imagine that it would play havoc with your nipples if placed in...
  9. Hazrus

Front and back traction - no wax?

I've got one board with front and back traction. I would never have done it voluntarily, but I picked it up used off gumtree... Honestly, it feels fine. I still put a bit of wax between pads but not every session. No issues with rashes in boardies with a T-shirt. I reckon it would rip you up...
  10. Hazrus

ibolic

About 12 years ago I picked up a parabolic-stringered thruster off a 2nd hand rack. standard ply stringers, PUPE, shaped by Col Ladhams. Worked well, well-shaped, but nothing groundbreaking. it did feel a bit different on rail, but not something I could objectively say was better. Not yet...
  11. Hazrus

Broccoli twin test

I reckon the Hypto Twin looked best to me on the video. Seems miles better than the Krypto.
  12. Hazrus

ibolic

If that's true, sign me up too! Until that's objectively correct, forgive me for being hesitant... especially after the previous "game changers" of: Rapid Fire - went the way of the dodo for a reason LFT - rode ok, nothing special, terrible snap resistance Helium - never rode it. Didn't seem to...
  13. Hazrus

ibolic

Getting back to the tech... why is this Ibolic thing OBJECTIVELY better than a standard wood-stringered EPS-epoxy? The only area that I can see Ibolic's superiority is the quality of its marketing.
  14. Hazrus

ibolic

Honestly, who would be influenced by that? Looks like FW are going for the surfskate owner and Kale Broccoli video coaching crowd.
  15. Hazrus

ibolic

I’ve gone back to poly after years of riding EPS almost exclusively. No regrets.
  16. Hazrus

ibolic

Back to the topic, this doesn't look like game-changing tech. Just looks like a few more sections of "foam reinforcement". Wood stringer FTW.
  17. Hazrus

Broccoli twin test

It's funny - some of the boards I thought he looked better on he didn't take to "the final". eg. the Chilli and Sharpeye.
  18. Hazrus

Broccoli twin test

Maybe in the Northern Rivers? The tweed was pumping when I was there. So was the southern GC. OR: maybe it's just epic on the reg.
  19. Hazrus

Broccoli twin test

Wow.
  20. Hazrus

Broccoli twin test

Refrost - They've had a great few months of surf in SEQ / NNSW... E swell and S winds that seemed relentless. I got up there and surfed one of those swells - 9 consecutive days of offshore point surf between head to DOH. It was just one of the many swells that hit eastern Oz this year. THIS IS...