Search results

1. H

Best foil for beginners, 2022 version?

winging is amazing. And I haven’t prone foiled except two times in the last two months. Partially due to I hate crowds. But I’ve been driving to a lake instead of the ocean and it’s still almost as fun. You have to have wind though so that’s pretty frustrating. And the initial learning curve...
  2. H

I approve this message. That's a good surf foil. While it is older than 2 years which makes it older gear. It was top of the class when it was released, so it is still holding on. Plus he's selling you 2 wings with it. The larger wing will be great to learn to pump on and the smaller size will...
  3. H

If I had to buy right now I’d buy this. https://www.mackiteboarding.com/2021-reedin-flightattendant-complete-foil-1280cm/ Or i would find a used kujira 1210 with a 75cm mast. The foil shop sells these. For the board I’d go through the foil shop. EDIT: have any San o or doheny camping planned...
  4. H

Ok I’ll get you into it for free. But you’re going to have to work for it. You need to message Quinn on Instagram. https://instagram.com/just_the_wingtips?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= Tell him Hdip gave you his account qnd told you to get in touch. I Already talked to him. He said you can try his gear...
  5. H

Yes, it's another reason not to get that foil. It'll be to small for you. Axis 910b would be good probably. I wrote the guy that's going to college up there. He knows the waves and might have better recommendations than I do. I think he rides an ono swift 175. Which would be great to learn on...
  6. H

Oh hahaha you're right. I'm thinking of Sh3. Sorry about that. Old username I'm familiar with seeing and I got confused. OK, so foiling is not cheap to start. If you fully commit to doing it you will spend that $700 and immediately want to spend $2k more. You're a little further North than I...
  7. H

How big is your wing board? I would just try to use the board and foil you have. The S24 is a 1st generation foil. Very heavy. Massive lift paddling into the wave which will buck you off. It works, but I wouldn't use it. If pumping and connecting multiple waves is your goal that foil will not...
  8. H

Dane Subdivision Suits

Dane version has pull over the head flap. Regular buell's have one shoulder attached option.
  9. H

No to the s24. Way to old. I can get you a full AXIS demo setup if you really want. My brother has 3 demo sets in his car with multiple demo foil options. Just use your f-one foils. Also, just keep winging :) You can prone surf a wing board if it's short enough.
  10. H

Why are Alex Honnold and Tommy Caldwell so much smarter than Kelly Slater and Shane Dorian?

They actually have to interact with people in the world as opposed to getting treated like royalty by rich white people who can afford beach front housing? Or, Asperger's. One or the other.
  11. H

Fixing a track box

If the box seems solid otherwise you could do what I had done to one of my boards. Huge glass piece over the entire track box section. Ride it til it fails completely. It might be a good idea to weigh the board and see if it's heavier after your next session.
  12. H

There we go. Try lift. AXIS and gofoil are very front foot heavy. You can shim some of that out of lift. But the new stuff is so much better. If you're at San O, try Califoilia's AXIS ART 1099. That will be less front foot pressure I think just due to the new design. Lift HA120 or HA90 will be...
  13. H

What brand are you on now? Lift all break, so buy new and they have a great warranty and will just send you out a new wing, you send the old one back (pro tip, keep the wing cover they don't need that back) So lift tails are all setup with no shim essentially. That's why they're back footed...
  14. H

It's a stabilizer. Bigger tail wing is more stable. It's also more drag. 425p? That's pretty big. It's nice and solid under your back foot for you. Go to a 350p in a few months and it will liven up your foil. Make it roll rail to rail easier and it will feel faster. To learn, big is good.
  15. H

Armstrong or lift? Really short fuses? What do you want it to feel like? Misterbennets seems to do snappy turns on his Cabrinha stuff. The most surf feel I've had out of a foil is the lift 150surfv2 with a greengrabber fuse on the shortest setting. It's still a foil that needs to be held down...
  16. H

Yeah, smaller boards are WAY more sensitive. A 5 foot prone board is like a 10 foot longboard. I learned on a 4'8". It's doable. Just place your front foot 2 inches further forward than you think you need to. If the foil is coming up to fast. Paddle faster, if you get in earlier you can get up...
  17. H

Impact vests

Nope, Gath with a visor. I got sick of having a sunburnt nose and face. I can go out and keep the visor down anytime I'm not up and riding. My eyes aren't burnt at the end of the day. I barely have to use sunscreen. When you only need 1 foot crap to go out in and have the time of your life you...
  18. H

*** Official Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach thread ***

They're making heats to keep their job. I claim pretty hard when I click send on a good report at my job.
  19. H

Impact vests

You're going to fall a lot. So it's worth it. No reason not to wear it. I wear a helmet now, but have never hit my head foiling. *shrugs* I didn't own one for the first 3 years. Only started wearing one last summer.
  20. H

Gath Helmet fit

For Gath, I'd probably be a medium. Those weren't available since I wanted the visor version. If I'm going to wear something dumb on my head it's going to include sun protection for my face. So I got a large and deal with it. It's the tiniest bit to big. I don't even notice that anymore. For...