Search results

1. S

Anyone want some wine?

What happened to my offer in LA? Schedule didn't work out? I'm in SC Feb 1-3, happy to take what you want to bring. PM me if you want to meet up.
  2. S

Bozeman real estate.

Shhhh
  3. S

Anyone want some wine?

Enframed, just PM'd you. My kid is in Santa Monica if there's some left. I'd be stoked to take some off your hands, whatever you're willing to share. He's around this evening (after work) and tomorrow off and on.
  4. S

Wavegarden Bristol

That's on my to-do list the next time I'm visiting my friends in Bath. Can't wait to hear your report.
  5. S

Poast your strenf training program

I did that 20 rep squat scheme that someone mentioned earlier in August and September. I found a program online that looked interesting, and thought I would give it a try. Took my 5 rep max and dropped it by 90 lbs and started there. Then added 5 lbs every workout for a total of 18 sessions...
  6. S

Off Shore HB

Took my lady up there to surf this morning and was surprised by the event. Went down to Newps and watched it from there while catching solo waves. Man, watching those planes was simply amazing. Pretty cool to get a surprise like that!
  7. S

Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

:jamon: Today was good. Long morning session, followed by after lunch session in trunks. I am a little hypothermic now, though :drowning:
  8. S

Choosing a new board online: Are these Maz's mates?

17 decibels for Volume. hahaha
  9. S

Hats off to 20W - catalina classic 2021

Way to go! What an accomplishment!
  10. S

stretch boards support and board pron thread

Is the SuperBuzz more of a grovel board (like the Manta) for like softer slopey waves? I get lost reading the different descriptions.
  11. S

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

SoCal representin' :cool:
  12. S

The Craigslist Thread

haha ... basically, the board I ordered is a 5'8" with the other dimensions being the same. Too funny. This will be my first twin fin, so hopefully I'll be able to have as much fun on it as I do on my other boards. Had to jump on the gravy train and see what the hype is about.
  13. S

The Craigslist Thread

Man, those look good. Too bad I just ordered a similar looking board, or I would have grabbed one.
  14. S

Costa Rica this summer

I haven't been, but that is my understanding for entering - no test needed. I think you need a QR code, but I don't know what that means. Yes, the eMed test works for entry to US. I did it in Nica, and my friends did it departing Liberia in CR.
  15. S

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

I needed today. Got a noon session with basically no crowd, had a peak primarily to myself for about 1 hour and then the crowds started coming. So many waves I actually got tired. Haha. Even with a wetsuit, I was stocked having so much fun. I would say 3-5', mostly lefts, but some rights...
  16. S

Costa Rica this summer

There definitely is "a chance". I know 2 vaccinated people who tested positive down there on a few days before returning, and had to stay an extra 1-2 weeks quarantined in a hotel room while the rest of their group/family came back to the US. Seeing that price for insurance, which covers the...
  17. S

Costa Rica this summer

We did that zipline tour. That was great! My daughter was about 2 or 3, and was in my "lap" as we went across the valley. In hindsight, maybe not the greatest decision, but now that we can look back at it 15 years ago, it is such a great memory. My boys were a few years older and loved it!
  18. S

Hooded Rashguard vs "Surf" Hat

Agreed. I tried the cap, and it worked ok until duckdiving and wiping out and getting the bill yanking your head around. Never again for this old guy. I'll go hooded rashguard next time.
  19. S

Why not cut the days back to 3/week? I did that for several months in the spring, and I could surf 5 days a week. And, my lifts improved by June. I'm trying a 4 day/week plan now, and it is kicking my butt too, but I've not been too motivated to surf lately since the waves suck at my local...
  20. S

I think Bridge 1.0 is free. You can probably also google it for spreadsheet versions that people are sharing. Bridge 3.0 is the paid version, I'm pretty sure. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5oy2Cas6mxQ_BC_QtydHZ7E-gZw6pqi2BshaCP20CM/edit?usp=sharing