Search results

1. ChaseTMP

XTR

But where would it be on the bottom? A small one down by tail would be fine. An image of where and what size the lam is would be appreciated.
  2. ChaseTMP

Shaping video

Asym channels?
  3. ChaseTMP

Who are the shapers of your quiver?

I doubt the original designer ever laid a hand on any of my current four boards which are all custom, but those designers are: Jon Pyzel Hayden Cox Matt Parker Britt Merrick
  4. ChaseTMP

YOLO ALERTS

I think this is it: https://offerup.com/item/detail/1309832694?q=surfboard+dark+arts
  5. ChaseTMP

CI Twin Pin

Dan.
  6. ChaseTMP

YOLO ALERTS

I'd need a paddle with that.
  7. ChaseTMP

YOLO ALERTS

I'm sure they do since or they have easy access since they're a few blocks away.
  8. ChaseTMP

CI Twin Pin

One of the managers at my local surf shop (E.T Surfboards) who surfs very well liked the AM's best. This was years ago when the model first came out. FWIW, he never used the training wheel.
  9. ChaseTMP

YOLO ALERTS

I'm in the same YOLO boat. I'll probably need to go custom since I want a squash 5'7, light deck tint and FCSII.
  10. ChaseTMP

Rounded pin tail twins

Yeah, the first part looks like it's Pavones (though, I've never surfed that part of the country). I mistakenly clicked in at 3:00 in where the footage is at Escondida, which was the same as a shorter video floating around that's only in that zone. I should have watched the whole vid before typing.
  11. ChaseTMP

Rounded pin tail twins

Pretty sure the video is at Playa Escondida, which isn't anywhere near the Matapalo that I'm aware of that's south of Quepos.
  12. ChaseTMP

Album Surfboards

If money isn't a concern, I'd get a Varial carbon with a lighter color deck tint. XTR can get a little chattery when the surf gets solid. Dark Arts can absorb water if you ding it. Varial has a more dampened ride. I think the carbon minimizes my one issue with Varial, which is how easily it...
  13. ChaseTMP

Rusty D Min

Yeah, there are too many variables to expect getting the same board from the same file. I know some shapers keep notes of how many sanding passes etc., even with only one set of hands touching a board, which doesn't happen very often with big labels, unless you're one of their main team guys...
  14. ChaseTMP

Rusty D Min

This was five years ago and the issue was a WAY off center (center) fin plug. They made that right, but the remade board felt and rode much different than a early version of the Barking Spider that I brought in to get copied.
  15. ChaseTMP

Rusty D Min

I was messing around with Rusty's volume calculator and found it interesting that if I kept everything else the same, but changed the age parameter from my actual age of 50 to 32, the recommended volume changed by one liter. I'm just as fit and surf as well as I did 18 years ago and ride...
  16. ChaseTMP

Album Surfboards

I think it would depend of the surfer’s ability level and types of waves surfed. Confirmation bias also plays a big part. I love listening-in to adult beginner/intermediates proselytizing with their equally inept buddy on how this 1/16” difference of whatever on their “magic” board will be...
  17. ChaseTMP

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

The High Seas' upper torso material is much more flexible than the Seven Seas' on last years' models. My 4/3 High Seas zipperless flap is much easier to get over my head than my 2mm Isurus Shield short arm. I don't think there's too much difference in the lower torso/legs between the High and...
  18. ChaseTMP

That’s a bummer. Mine (High Seas 4/3) has been fine and I probably wore it 3-5 days a week for six months+. The Vissla’s cord is way too long, but you just tuck it in under the chest/shoulder flap. At least it works, which I can’t say for my Isurus’ 2.2 Shield short arm’s doohickey. I don’t...
  19. ChaseTMP

Album Surfboards

Looks killer! That has to be approaching 40L right? You could always go sea sweeping as well.
  20. ChaseTMP

A key Pocket most likely wasn't on Dane's radar. I would assume most times he's surfing he's got Mini filming him and he's holding the key(s). My condo has these magnetic large dog tag looking things to get into the building. Most of my suits haven't had a key pocket and I end up shoving the...