Search results

1. teeroi

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

Dawned the NS regular on my 5’10 HIC Striker. Conditions were nice but swell had dropped from closing out yesterday to just about shoulder to head high. Was hoping the swell had turned more north from yesterday but still lots of west. As the tide filled in there was a small northeast bump...
  2. teeroi

Black Friday Deals

In store only.
  3. teeroi

Dawned the NS regular on the new 6’1. Waves were OH with an occasional wash thru that weren’t that gnar gnar. But I was paddling into the bad spots of the breaking wave and got a couple good tumbles. Conditions were nice and the crowd wasn’t bad cause there were a lot of waves as the swell...
  4. teeroi

Black Friday Deals

5. teeroi

Reno

I posted this story before. I worked at Local Motion in the 80’s and Reno shaped for Local Motion. Not sure how many boars he was contracted for a month but he used the shaping room at the factory that guest shapers and the 8 boars a month shapers used. The factory was on Hamakua in Kailua right...
  6. teeroi

Reno

Been seeing Reno living in the Bowls/Kaisers parking lot for the last 3 years. He/they would get chased out and camp cleaned up by DLNR ( dept of nat. Res.) after enough complaints then after a bit they’d return. Mentioned it in a post that I saw a living legend homeless but didn’t want to put...
  7. teeroi

*** Official Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Contest Thread ***

Went into HIC yesterday to pick up a payment for some work I did. I asked what’s the deal with the HIC Pipe Pro? Leigh said it’s a QS 1000 qualifier. 96 entrants with preference given to the Hawaii and Tahiti regional qs surfers and any CT pros. Hawaii and Tahiti hasn’t had any qs events cause...
  8. teeroi

Custom Order Deposits: Refund Seeking

Support Daniel Jones. He took over a factory in the Sugar Mill. In house glassing. Saw Jared Daniel’s friend. Jared did some electrical work at the shop and said it’s up and running. Arakawa is right in the same area as is Pyzel if you really need to YOLO an otr boar. If you want to order a...
  9. teeroi

*** Official Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Contest Thread ***

I went into HIC to pick up a boar and talk to Leigh. HIC was asked to be the title sponsor of the Pipeline Invitational, which is the trials to get into the Pipe Masters. I asked if they had to fork over money, he said of course but they’re hoping to earn some back with t-shirt and merchandise...
  10. teeroi

Dawned the NS regular. It was smaller but just as clean as yesterday with a lighter crowd and I brought the 5’10, right tool for the job. There were some double ups and some westies that break out to sea. Surfed a long time. Got a bunch of waves that the big guys on big boars couldn’t get under...
  11. teeroi

Geezers who surf.

No. Haha. Nah Lance Hookano is 60 or 61 so borderline geezer and he rips on a longboar. Saw him go vert switch stance, when he rode out even he was surprised he made it. There are a couple other older guys that can still throw their longboars around but it’s not that common.
  12. teeroi

Dawned the NS regular. Heard there were some wash throughs so I brought a 6’4 and the new 6’1. Wind was light offshore but rising tide and the swell was west. A little lower tide and more north it would be epic. Paddled the 6’1 out cause it was overhead but not maxing out. First wave I got I...
  13. teeroi

Surfed with Keanu during the summer. Wade was out with Zeke, Seth, and Gen. They were swapping boards and giving Wade feedback. A drone was following Keanu and he threw a really high spray on a bs snap it almost got the drone. Keanu’s backhand surfing is super solid, his technique, where he...
  14. teeroi

Leash strings

$1400 for a new Album, duu buy a new leash. It’ll come with a new string. Da Kine pro comp leashes come with a fancy leash string too. No knot just loop over itself on the plug bar and you’re gold.
  15. teeroi

Been getting boars from Wade Tokoro for decades, he and Kerry have been my friends for even longer. I usually pay a $300-$500 deposit for any custom boar I order. They keep an account for all their customers and if my sisters bday is around the corner or xmas I’ll drop money in her account as a...
  16. teeroi

Waves were inconsistent but super fun at my town regular. Paddled the Moonfish out. Not big enough for the new 6’1. Maybe this weekend for that boar. Got a couple of wraps and a little cover up. HH surf in town in November. All g.
  17. teeroi

YOLO ALERTS

@sh3 thanks. Awesome story. @oeste858 gonna run the medium H4’s. They haven’t let me down yet. Large for my boars under 6’0 and the mediums for stap. If they don’t go I always used to use the medium AM’s in my stap.
  18. teeroi

Been surfing the town regular on the Moonfish. There’s been a couple long period south swells, occasionally head high but king tide for the dawn patrol. So waves are fat and lully. I’m patient and just wait for a couple of the better ones that swing wide and was able to get some rail work in...
  19. teeroi

YOLO ALERTS

Just picked boar up at the Kailua HIC. Not YOLO. Ordered last week of August. M7 by Kerry Tokoro. 6’1 x 20 x 2 3/4. 4 oz e cloth x 4 oz s cloth on deck and 4 oz cloth on bottom. Double inside a single concave with slight vee off the tail. The wax is from Bert at Laminations. I always tell him...
  20. teeroi

YOLO ALERTS

Looks Daniel is going all in. YOLO factory.