Search results

1. Clamsmasher

Anyone tried a P180??

I got some wind today...just enough to run the P180. I did a couple of kms in maybe 6 reaches. Its pretty quick and efficient, I really need more wind to push it to top speed but it was going upwind well at the very bottom end of my 6m‘s range. It felt similar in speed to the 140 which is...
  2. Clamsmasher

Anyone tried a P180??

I think my mate is about to get one so I’ll let you know.
  3. Clamsmasher

Things to bring to Indo (boat trip)

I keep that one for genital warts.
  4. Clamsmasher

Things to bring to Indo (boat trip)

Take moar beer. Last time I went to Indo I finished my box with the captain and deckhand on the overnight trip to Panaitan. That only left a bottle of tequila. Gone by day 3. Thank god i took chocolate. I will never go again without serious antibiotics and topical antibiotic powder. My feet got...
  5. Clamsmasher

Anyone tried a P180??

With a very floaty very light shortish board and the GL210 my 6m has a bottom end of around 10kts. That isn’t that much fun, I can’t really crank up wind and have to keep bearing away as the wind drops. 12kts-15kts is the butter with my setup. It’ll go alright up to maybe 18 then I’m on the 4m...
  6. Clamsmasher

Anyone tried a P180??

Hey Steamroller, I’ll put some time in and let you know. I took it out for a wing but it was super marginal so I couldn’t launch. Actually had a sh1tty time on my 210 and a 6m wing ...la combo which delivers the goods as low as I want to go. I should’ve gone fishing. A 60kg mate took it out...
  7. Clamsmasher

Anyone tried a P180??

Well, I picked it up anyway so I guess I’ll hav to write my own review. Its bloody enormous, but looks savage for glide.
  8. Clamsmasher

Anyone tried a P180??

I’m looking at picking up a used P180 to cover me for prone pump and winging... Got the 120, 140, 210 now. what’s it like?
  9. Clamsmasher

Foil Froth Fever

Life is a lot easier with big board, big foil, big wing in beginning.
  10. Clamsmasher

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

I understand your point. I won't be buying one again, I found them useful in the bad old days when some of the brand's were selling pretty much obsolete crap for top dollar, not releasing new wings etc. If you want to access some reviews of those foils though, you have to read them from Eastern...
  11. Clamsmasher

Furthermoar, These things aren't going to explode like a carbon bike. Need I point out that sitting on one of those black dildos violates the first rule of foiling. PROTECT YE THY NUTZ AND TEH FACE.
  12. Clamsmasher

Foil Froth Fever

What do you weigh? I'm having a dark night of the soul, contemplating cutting my rig right down....but it goes so well....
  13. Clamsmasher

A few thoughts on the Chinese stuff... Yes, their flaunting of intellectual property is problematic. That being said, western companies have fallen over themselves to farm out every piece of work possible, and they know the deal. You can be sure that the big foil players give a little love here...
  14. Clamsmasher

Rounded pin tail twins

15. Clamsmasher

Foil Froth Fever

I took it out, but i think the mounting angles were off by a fair bit so I didn’t really get it out of the water. I want to open up the front mount so it’s shimmable too, but haven’t had time...to busy winging to get any projects done haha
  16. Clamsmasher

Foil Froth Fever

Sea trials today!!
  17. Clamsmasher

Foil Froth Fever

Might have it in the water tomorrow if I'm lucky. Set mount front wing, and the main will be open mount for a while so I can shim and tilt to taste.
  18. Clamsmasher

Vacum Bag Resin Infusion?

You absolutely don't need a stringer, I think most of these high end composite build go without. One issue that adds to the complexity of vaccum having that I forgot to mention..... You need to use a rocker table to stop the bag from twisting/bending the blank out of shape.
  19. Clamsmasher

What was your fastest custom turnaround?

He shipped one to me in 5 days a while back.
  20. Clamsmasher

Vacum Bag Resin Infusion?

Oh, and make damn sure the bag is sealed perfectly. If any resin gets into the vac lines, and it does....it will block them when it cures giving you no control over the inside of the bag. If it leaks that is basically mission blown.