Search results

1. oneworlded

Ultimate Surfer?

Even worse than Billy Kemper?
  2. oneworlded

Ultimate Surfer?

3. oneworlded

BSR

That does not not look set on 'expert'. Expert seemed bigger to me. I was a complete kook there. Did get one real good wave frontside and one backside. It was a bitch to catch a wave - very fast and tricky on expert bc it comes up so fast. Way harder to catch than Typhoon Lagoon for example...
  4. oneworlded

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

5. oneworlded

1. I think my response to you from here on out will always be: 2. It's ok by me if you don't buy the book. No offense taken by that. I really don't think the book has anything for you because what I tried to do throughout the whole thing was to source scientists, researchers, rescuers...
  6. oneworlded

Semi-famous Surfer Real Estate Thread

Yeah, to remember the craziness, I just watched The Big Short again last nite. Fascinating flick - and they did an a remarkably creative job of explaining how CDSwaps worked - and didn't work. The acting in that flick was just great.
  7. oneworlded

Playa Grande Costa Rica in July - advice?

Definitely will try to get some pescado's. If it's like this, I'll be in heaven.
  8. oneworlded

Playa Grande Costa Rica in July - advice?

Looking like a trip to Playa Grande w/the wife and kids is in the cards for July. Will be staying w/some local friends about a quarter mile N of the Tamarindo estuary. Despite all the places I've been to surf in my 54 years, I've never been to CR. Looks like good beginner waves for the family...
  9. oneworlded

I was working as a reporter here in Charleston - after having moved from Laguna in part because of insane real estate prices. I very specifically remember doing some research on the R/E market here and told my wife, 'we really should not buy yet. There's no way this city's economy can support...
  10. oneworlded

One of my fave scenes.
  11. oneworlded

Nope, I'm defintely not a deep thinker. That's why I launched Surfermag.com. That's why I write for the Surfer's Journal, NYTimes and Washington Post. That's why I penned Ghost Wave. That's why I wrote the below book - that comes out in late June. Unless, that is, the shipment of hard copies...
  12. oneworlded

13. oneworlded

How Not to Park Your Boat

I can dig the 'get around the hull' aspect of having a TTop when navigating a fishing rod, but they generallly provide so much less shade than a bimini. Plus of course, the low bridge aspect. We have 7 foot tides here in Charleston regularly, and a few sketchy underpasses when it's real high...
  14. oneworlded

Can we hype this south swell rolling in yet?

My 12 y/o son and I surfed Doho this past fall on a decent south during a trip out from back east. Surfed a waist high inside right off the boneyard literally nobody else was surfing. Everywhere else just shoulder to shoulder packed - full demolition derby. We were just catching wave after wave...
  15. oneworlded

CA Beach to be Returned to family it was Stolen from

I wonder how much they'll compensate the Baumgartner/Oneill's for Camp Pendleton. Hoofah. https://www.ocregister.com/2013/04/05/whitcomb-the-original-rancho-santa-margarita/
  16. oneworlded

Certain erBB'ers upon seeing this deep state, pro-vax map generator.
  17. oneworlded

Correct. There are no great circles for swells to follow. Only great straight lines. This swell will miss Socal and forget Central America and Puerto Escondido. Alaska and Vancouver island are looking real good for this swell tho. FDR was a flat earther btw. Why else would he have said, "The...
  18. oneworlded

Who Got Poked (Besides Your Mom)

1/10,000? You get your stats from Alex Jones? Do a little research on covid long haulers. I'd rather take my chance on some long-haul effect from the Pfizer vax than getting long haul covid. Here's a sampling. https://www.truehoop.com/p/some-nba-players-feel-covid-effects Meanwhile, just load...