Search results

1. Aruka

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

that fuggin YOLO Twinsman looks sick. Jimmy lol you bastard. you guys will never live down the post session waterfall rinse. ponchos are sick and all but lately I've been rocking this stupidly big down parka that's long enough to hide my shame when changing and is much warmer than even my...
  2. Aruka

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Yeah its pretty interesting. They are so different but both go great and fill pretty much the same slot in the quiver. Im still in the honeymoon phase so it would be hard not to recommend a gbx at this point. Its just so easy to ride and seems to cover a very wide range of conditions. I think...
  3. Aruka

hot
  4. Aruka

i will. just been too busy surfing.
  5. Aruka

epic gravel quiver. can't wait to see what you get fill that gap between your 5'6"s and the 5'8".
  6. Aruka

Haydenshapes' Psychedelic Germ 10+ years later

stocked for you Chase. i have a germ i got a couple years ago. FF asian made. got it cheap. 6-2 and around 30L I think. i'm 6-3 x 180lbs. i had a few good sessions in steep beachies and then had a few shockers in more lined up surf. felt like the nose really plowed water and wouldn't let me...
  7. Aruka

***Official 2021 Community Surf Journal***

this weekend was sick. locals only left was basically all time. rode the new stampers gbx and it felt great. water is still stupidly cold and the winds added another level of chill that i wasn't too stoked about but the waves were good enough that it was worth the burning fingers and the numb...
  8. Aruka

Ever feel like a groveler is too small for 3'-5' surf?

knowing when to grab which board is a skill unto itself. as a tall fellow i tend to er on the longer side when in doubt.
  9. Aruka

chine rail is da kine rail hey sorry i missed this. i sent him the first email feb 12 and had order finalized on like feb 20th. maybe because i've ordered like 20+ boards from him and steered probably about that many more orders his way he gave me a little special treatment. the wait is worth it!
  10. Aruka

New 6-2 Gigglebox has been slaying it for me. Five sessions on it so far. It's like a thruster for conditions where I shouldn't be on a thruster. Super impressive wave catching ability. Great low end. Fast yet stable. Feels like it has low rocker but it pivots really well off the bottom. Maybe...
  11. Aruka

Any ride reports / feedback of Akila Aipa's Contemporary or Modern Fish?

i wish there was info on the two brian bills fin templates. that raked set is very appealing but no idea if it's enough fin for me.
  12. Aruka

Rusty Miso

looks good. hard to tell but it must have a bit of a flatter deck to pack as much volume as it does for the dims.
  13. Aruka

that "shell pink" stretch quad is dope.
  14. Aruka

*** Official Rip Curl Newcastle Cup Discussion ***

ya'll need to disable your adblocker to get vids to play on wsl site. carissa's air was cool and all but that carve she laid down in the final was much more impressive IMO. italo is the new gabe. totally freakish and looks unstoppable when he's on. i'm still more of a fan of Jordy and JJF for...
  15. Aruka

it was 30F outside when i got up at 5AM this morning. after eating and stretching I picked up a friend and drove North to surf some cold, brown, windswell peaks. crossed up and warbly with an occasional double up that peeled for a bit. i had left my wetsuit and booties in the car overnight so...
  16. Aruka

Album Surfboards

"oh my god!" "what?" "my water just broke, we need to go to the hospital" "ohhhhh. yeah, about that. any chance you could take an uber? i need to be here, i'm expecting a pretty important delivery"
  17. Aruka

Racer1 needs this

we miss you @teeroi!
  18. Aruka

Where's all the old boogie boarders?

there is one booger here. dude's probably like 55? he's huge, like 6'6" tall and maybe 230-240lbs. he's also legit crazy. always talking about chemtrails and other conspiracy theory stuff. pretty much a nightmare in the lineup. will snake or drop in without a second thought. thankfully he...
  19. Aruka

thanks MD. the comparison to EN's is helpful since I'm familiar with those fins.
  20. Aruka

no, i don't think allan has shipped it yet. i think he was having trouble hunting down a big enough box or something. i plan on running keels in it, at least at first. i have quite a few twin sets but most of them are fairly upright and i like the idea of something more raked and incut.