Search results

1. john4surf

The Random Photo Thread

Oh my!
  2. john4surf

Does Liking Lynyrd Skynyrd Make You A Racist?

A city out of the past! Dothan is in LA (lower Alabama). I attended a federal criminal trial in Dothan. Waiting in the hall to be called in, there were two older (than me) country boys in bib overalls, apparently witnesses for the defense. One looked through the small glass window into the...
  3. john4surf

Should Cuomo resign?

Another Cuomo accuser came forward today
  4. john4surf

Should Cuomo resign?

tRump must be sh!tt!ng himself with glee about now... maybe he’ll return to NY and run for Governator?
  5. john4surf

RIP: Mike Eaton

:confused: sadness
  6. john4surf

Crude Humor (NSR)

A foursome of guys was waiting at the men's tee while a foursome of women was hitting from the women's tee. The ladies were not rushing and were taking their time. When the final lady was ready to hit her ball, she hacked it 10 feet. Then she went over and whiffed it completely. Then she...
  7. john4surf

The Random Photo Thread

8. john4surf

Public Service Announcement Seresto

Your vet can call in a prescription for Trifexis or other anti-flea, heart worm, etc., monthly pill for puppies, dogs, kittens and cats at your local Costco pharmacy (pet meds cheaper at Costco than at the vets).
  9. john4surf

The Random Photo Thread

Need a countertop? Taroko Gorge, Taiwan is marble. In the early days, the Nationalist Chinese built their bridges out of marble. Surf related because there was good surf at McCauly Beach when US Forces were stationed on the Island. One simply had to be aware of the very poisonous sea...
  10. john4surf

Public Service Announcement Seresto

From People Magazine (the article is longer than this post) John ”A new report published jointly by the Midwest Center for Investigative Reporting and USA Today links a popular flea collar brand to nearly 1,700 animal deaths in the U.S. Seresto, a common flea and tick collar for dogs and cats...
  11. john4surf

Texas is fully open: no more mask mandate.

Nah, in Texas they ask, “you know why Texas doesn’t slip into the Gulf of Mexico?” Oklahoma Sucks...
  12. john4surf

Mary Anne Hawkins

Surfing behind a ‘35 in 1940s Long Beach
  13. john4surf

*** Official Shark Thread ***

Time to buy a Lottery Ticket! Wow moment...
  14. john4surf

Tiger Woods cut out of his roll-over with the ‘jaws of life’ this morning!

Steve selected his wife’s ‘new’ 911L to go get the take-out. It had the ‘new’ Sportomatic transmission which he hadn’t previously driven. ’H’ pattern without a clutch pedal, when the driver’s hand was on the shift knob a clutch was electronically engaged. Confusing at first. He always seemed...
  15. john4surf

Chinese food in the States not quite like it was in Taiwan (Mandarin and Formosan ‘cuisine’) or Hong Kong (Cantonese). I think the Chinese food industry was sensitive to American tastes and went far lighter on the garlic than what we ate in Asia. True to form, I had to pick up the tab as my...
  16. john4surf

Crude Humor (NSR)

A dog lover, whose dog was a female and "in heat', agreed to look after her neighbors' male dog while the neighbors were on vacation. She had a large house and believed that she could keep the two dogs apart. However, as she was drifting off to sleep she heard awful howling and moaning sounds...
  17. john4surf

I wish! We did the time trials route at Holtville maybe 2 dozen times in the 1970s and ‘80s with the PCA. I did get a ride in a 904 and a RSK Spyder that had me giggling like a school girl at the drive-in! Wish I could have driven them!
  18. john4surf

Fastest car ride in my life was with my wife driving a track prepared 911S in the 1970s, down the back straight at Holtville a bit over 145 (the car performance trophies in our home are mostly hers). Not as scary as riding with McQueen to get Chinese take-out around 1968-69...
  19. john4surf

HA HA! No, they wouldn’t let us use our own cars. They had a fleet of the XKR models for us to use. My driving coach, Davey Jones had wins or Poles at Le Mans, Indy, Daytona, etc., and was very patient with me :)