Search results

1. S

Anyone ever have a porch/exterior light dispute with a neighbor? (Warning: Contains CasaMugs problem)

Truth I somehow managed to avoid any noise complaints for a long time until one day a woman came over and absolutely lost her sh!t one day. I felt bad for her. Up until then my dumbass just figured that I wasn't disturbing anyone. I was nearing the end of my raging party days anyways. We had...
  2. S

new board traction pad nerves

So hot right now
  3. S

Anyone ever have a porch/exterior light dispute with a neighbor? (Warning: Contains CasaMugs problem)

I live below twins, a 4 year boy and girl. I hear them constantly, pretty much whenever they're home they're running around or banging on something. Those monsters just never stop moving. I complain once in a while when it gets really bad, and the neighbors are somewhat receptive. But, I...
  4. S

Pyzel "Pyzalien 2" vs "Phantom"

AM1's. I started with large Mayhems. Then went to AM1's and haven't looked back. I'm 155lbs and ride a stock 5'8".
  5. S

GO TO THE BEACH AND YOU WILL DIE

So ridiculous. This is why cities do things like close beaches for the "potential" of lightning strikes.
  6. S

Pyzel "Pyzalien 2" vs "Phantom"

I can't really answer your question. But I will use this opportunity to profess my love for the Phantom. It's the perfect SoCal shortboard, IMO.
  7. S

John John Florence's "Ghost" And The Art Of Big Wave Guns with Shaper Jon Pyzel

He hit the jackpot when John's mom asked him to shape him a board. Sounds like he wasn't even a very experienced shaper at the time.
  8. S

Scott Anderson RIP

He shaped my first custom about 25 years ago. 6'3" thruster with red running along one side of the deck. If you lived around the Santa Monica/Venice area in the 90's there was a good chance you owned one of his boards. RIP Scott
  9. S

Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

Stupid surfing fashion trends of the future: -surfing fanny pack -surfing camelback -wetsuits with removable sleeves -wetsuits with smartphone pockets I'm filing my patent claims now. Ideas like these don't grow on trees!
  10. S

Help! What do I do?

My gf kept threatening to buy me a changing pancho. I avoided that landmine for years, to the point where she stopped bringing it up. Then one day a buddy of mine gifted me one out of the blue for helping him (try) to learn to surf. Son of a B. I don't use it much. But it's nice on cold days...
  11. S

If you left California, where would you move?

My lady thinks we're going to move in and immediately throw a party and invite all our neighbors. Ummm, let's see what we're dealing with first, was my response. We're in HPP 2 blocks from the water. From what I can tell Tweakerville is only a few blocks away.
  12. S

If you left California, where would you move?

The Big Island. We have a plot of land there that the lady and I will probably retire to. I gotta be near the ocean. I'd also love to spend time in Amsterdam and France. BTW, I still feel CA is one of the greatest places on the planet and I feel lucky that I've lived almost my whole life here.
  13. S

4/3 recommendations

+1 on Isurus. My 3/2 has been as warm as my 4/3 EBomb through this recent run of cold water.
  14. S

Best boar in your quiver?

My fish. 5'6" Chilli Sugar with performance twins.
  15. S

Solite Boots Review

I like mine. Great board feel. But I would agree that they're not the warmest. They can be a pain to get on and off as well.
  16. S

Do You Even VLOG, Bro?

Yup. Lot's of music and science vlog's that I like as well. Joe Scott (science) SmarterEveryDay (science) Junkdrummer TV Delta Empire (drummer) Rick Beato (music) Ben Eller (guitar)
  17. S

Do You Even VLOG, Bro?

Everyone with a sticker on their board - and some without - has a youtube series. Who's everyone's favorites? I've been enjoying Brett Barley's lately. Nathan Florence does some great POV stuff on his.
  18. S

Looking for San Diego daily driver recommendations

And also the Hypto. Love it or hate it, it definitely has a lot of range and is equally good in mush or steep surf.