Search results

1. S

Bottom shape: Vee vs Concave vs flat

yup a friend is repping them here, they look really good, super well made all vac bagged, insanely well finished. the bottom shape is interesting, you'd think it would push a bit of water or be catchy/deflective but it seems to catch waves easier than any board i've ever seen, the rocker looks...
  2. S

Best foil for you.

haha yes there is always that problem, they do looks good though, that latest clip from the basque dude 'payo' was insane and really caught my interest in how they seem to turn with speed. there isn't much good prone surf video of them to see how they pump though which is frustrating.
  3. S

Best foil for you.

Greg have you tried the f-one phantom foils? Mizo speaks very highly of the new 940cm.
  4. S

Best foil for you.

But with the new wings being more mid aspects you’d expect to be a higher area compared to the skinny hyper wings? I think some of us are Waiting with such high expectations for the next batch of gear we might end up disappointed to some extent, The takuma 980 although looks nice and loose...
  5. S

Best foil for you.

Wouldn’t the sig game changer 1260 be the good option for you? Apparently pumps really well and turns like a much smaller wing, I wonder if the new uni wing will be similar, a higher aspect stealth/vortex?
  6. S

Best foil for you.

its so strange they have this issue with the design, but if you get it setup right it looks pretty killer as an all rounder, will you keep playing with it to see if you can get it to do what you want?
  7. S

Best foil for you.

could you still pump back out ok or was it a struggle compared to the sig165?
  8. S

Best foil for you.

was the baseplate shimmed?
  9. S

Let's Talk Foil Safety

imagine doing that on that new takuma whale wing tips.
  10. S

Best foil for you.

haha yeh thats why the past tense 'was', i saw kenny grabbed a 170, army should have other stuff next year i'd imagine after the instagram heckling incident, if not i'll jump to lift or signature. interested to see if the new lift range in the new year meets the one wing quiver requirements...
  11. S

Best foil for you.

for shortboard style and more aggressive carving the 1050hs is incredible in smaller slopier waves, i still haven't dialled mine in yet in more powerful surf but i've had some moments of insanity on overhead waves but also a few wtf moments, once i get the tuning dialled in it's looking to be...
  12. S

Foil Session Logs

low aspect heathen.
  13. S

Let's Talk Foil Safety

I’m interested to here any reports from someone who’s taken one to the dome with the soft surf helmet thing, almost seems like there’s zero protection on most of it from a foil impact perspective.
  14. S

Let's Talk Foil Safety

if you don't foil, don't start!
  15. S

Foil Session Logs

If you don’t like the NL tips you’ll like the kujira a lot less, the thing is like a fillet knife. the lift 170 doesn’t looks like it turns that well in a lot of vids compared to the gofoil?
  16. S

Foil Session Logs

ah really? my friend has one and it looks pretty damn good, watching mike pedigo's vids he makes it look insane but i understand he uses his own special tails and is also crazily talented to get it to look that way. what don’t you like about it? seems like it pumps like a beast and still turns...
  17. S

Foil Session Logs

Sold a bunch of gong and takuma yes, all the aluminium stuff. really impressed with the Armstrong mast, feels really solid compared to the uni setup I tried, no wobble or anything out of place, the overall quality of the armstrong package is so good, from the covers and the bag to the screw...
  18. S

Foil Session Logs

I sold all my gear and bought an Armstrong 1050hs last week, two session in and it feels pretty good so far, need a few Tuning adjustments but initially feels great, loose and snappy in and out of turns. Haven’t cut the tail down yet, can’t bring myself to do it just yet...
  19. S

Ellie Jean Coffey and her girlfriend...paging VonMeister (trigger warning)

there's a joke about 'if i wanted to see some elephant legs i'll go on a safari' in this thread somewhere.
  20. S

Ellie Jean Coffey and her girlfriend...paging VonMeister (trigger warning)

fvvk i just threw up a little bit when i saw that last two pictures. #nauseous