Search results

1. T

Next daily driver?

just custom
  2. T

Next daily driver?

Leaning toward a Rocket Wide, slightly stretched out, with a squash tail like the one in the Dane G video above. Would just have to decide between Spine Tek or stringered XTR for pop and durability. I had a PU Rocket Wide which I loved, but wasn't sure the glassing would hold up long term. I...
  3. T

Best boar in your quiver?

+1 on Lost RNF Retro, XTR
  4. T

Next daily driver?

have no idea what this dude is saying but his surfing and the waves are relatable.
  5. T

Next daily driver?

Wanting to minimize the quiver and thinking of selling my standard shortboards and replacing with 1 alt DD. Narrowed choices to a Daniel Jones twin fin, Album Insanity, or Pyzalien 2. what say the ErrBB?? PS I live in San Diego where it’s perpetually mushy.
  6. T

2021 wish list

FF HS Untitled XTR Album Insanity GH or Bing keel fish Christenson Huntsman Always new boards to try
  7. T

Which shop in SD has the best selection of CI, Lost, Super, etc?

Clairemont Surf has CIs, Losts and some Pyzels. The Surf Ride in Oside has the bigger board room of the two locations.
  8. T

Album Surfboards

maybe we can board swap in the water at that local reef whenever we actually get some decent WNW swell... would like to try a good Mitsven or GH keel
  9. T

Album Surfboards

ya I wonder how much of it's range overlaps with the Insanity. debating an Insanity in XTR for my future, maybe try that parallel cabron
  10. T

Longer Groveler

hahah I dunno... this looks fun to me:
  11. T

Longer Groveler

single fin or 2+1?
  12. T

Longer Groveler

I'd go Pyzel Gremlin or Astro Pop. Nose rocker on Pyzel's "grovelers" looks like they have a little more flip which could be good for steep little beach break. JS or DHD would probably go good too. Aussie and HI shapers' grovelers always look and feel like they will be tuned better for steeper...
  13. T

Help pick my next Boar!

that roundpin I posted isn't mine - but I had a standard rounded squash tail version that I rode at my height in overhead San Diego county surf without a problem. Not really barreling or hollow conditions though. I liked the red fiberglass stiletto quads in it
  14. T

Help pick my next Boar!

Von sol Hornet round pin
  15. T

Has anybody tried True Ames Album Twin or RFC Fish Twin Fins?

I have seen them - the Gemini twins? Not sure about that, I thought maybe they were especially designed for the Townsend, but I dunno.
  16. T

Superbrand Fling

not to derail, but speaking of twin+trailers, been seeing a few non-wing swallowtails with that fin setup which all look like they could be daily drivers around here: I know most of the consensus on the erBB is, twin fin or nothing But IMO good potential - especially bc they could be set as a...
  17. T

The Craigslist Thread

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/spo/d/imperial-beach-surfboard-by-neal/7222333930.html good deal for the smaller sized folks out there
  18. T

I actually got em off Album's website but they're made by TA. I think TA was sold out of the black honeycomb ones at the time. But, +1 on great customer service from TA- their rep actually emailed me a few weeks later to tell me they had em back in stock. also, I believe these are Futures...
  19. T

yeah, same template, just in fiberglass
  20. T

Superbrand Fling

that thing looks so fun