Search results

1. J

Foil Session Logs

Jon: that's all on iwa. Looking forward to GL mind blow later this week :) Clams: I have now used the bump-cap insert a half dozen times, works well -- we wear a hood 90% of the time already, sadly. I think it gives a little head protection -- I got bumped by a piece of wood during king tide...
  2. J

Refuckulation thread.

LOL! I am making apple cider and buying store-bought wings rather than refuckulated DIYs and wingdinging obsessively too. That is too close to be a coincidence, maybe the start of a new zombie apocalypse....BRAINS! BRING MORE COPS! <obscure movie reference for you>
  3. J

Foil Session Logs

I just finished a pretty epic run, in the water foiling 10 of 11 days...whether surf, sup, or wing. That's pretty impressive for local conditions and also for someone (supposedly) working full time. But surf foiling is buying a lot of sessions on days that would otherwise be a write off due to...
  4. J

GL gofoil wing found

Stoked to get on the high aspect foil train. I can't figure a way to delete a thread...so mods, you can delete if you wish
  5. J

Post your Foil Pics HERE

Keeping with the Pacific North West theme ... trees in the background, hood, booties, gloves. This spot breaks only once or twice a year when swell is huge ... first time surf foiling it. A lot of kelp. [And hey, that's too many photo posts in a row for me, y'all need to get sharing!]
  6. J

Post your Foil Pics HERE

Maybe the world's first combination surf foil and tugboat/log boom photo. My buddy Shaggy ripping down the line.
  7. J

Fins to fit in foil tracks?

A longboard fin should fit. Depending which tracks you're using, may require a longer screw than usual. Will be a kinda weird twin fin, but should work.
  8. J

short n fat boards: ride engine escape pod

our crew foilsurf in 20lbs of rubber, we are (advancing) middle aged, and with the body conditioning to go with it. Long ago came to terms with that fact that board volume is my friend in surfing and is now more necessary than ever (even if foiling has brought me back to the best paddling...
  9. J

Leash for foil

Nice...those usually have a trigger to hold or release the cord, did you remove that? I was thinking same thing about rust, doubt they are stainless in there, though maybe a higher end one could be, as they are intended for outdoor all-weather use. I'd be rinsing it with fresh water after...
  10. J

Foil Session Logs

I just ordered a 2 pack, going to give it a try -- my motivation being a full speed sup foil wipeout yesterday, max head slap with helmet, instant headache (so maybe light concussion). Hopefully the lower profile will help, plus I can wear it with surf foil too. Be careful ordering, the review...
  11. J

Post your Foil Pics HERE

Sunset session stokin' ... thanks to Lisa for taking a few pics https://www.instagram.com/lisa.riehl/
  12. J

Foil Session Logs

I wear a gath sup foiling. Nerdy as hell, but I don't care about that. The other negative though....high speed wipeouts, falling from high up, the extra surface area does increase whiplash potential. However, worth it, especially winging. Surf foiling, I found it's too much extra weight, get...
  13. J

Foil Session Logs

Had a pretty fun session yesterday ... got that flow comfort level, where my legs stop being concrete pillars, can feel the foil come to live under lighter feet. A buddy's GF filmed us briefly I am racing the section from way behind, we criss crossed and were set up to do it again but I hit a...
  14. J

Foilers Podcast Series

I have now watched Kaser's repost of slo mo pump technique 100 times over and over ... And I had the exact same thought, thank you putting words to it. I am half-heartedly attempting to learn to pump, it comes easy some days, others not even close ... but above all, I now realize I too am...
  15. J

Foil Session Logs

Got my first 2 for 1 a few weeks ago too, felt like losing my virginity again. Haven't made one since :-) Though haven't really been trying either. Surf season in PNW is now happening, swells a few times a week, which means foil surf potential on the daily. And that means enough waves to...
  16. J

Post your Foil Pics HERE

The comments :ROFLMAO::poop: :trout:
  17. J

Foilers Podcast Series

Joined too, yay, more time wasting procrastination options! I can add it my regressive feedback loop. Foilwizard podcast was interesting. I listened to the pumping section more than once...man o man, seems like they are talking a different language, one of those "obvious when you know how"...
  18. J

Wanna tow foil?

Never towed....crazy stoked to try, but the logistics are also daunting, especially in our local (Vancouver Island). I have a boat, but frankly I am not willing to risk it ... especially with someone else driving while I tow-in. Need a ski! Re: smaller underpowered boats ... I can't remember...
  19. J

Post your Foil Pics HERE

Standard wakeboard /kiteboard start. Board needs to be on its side, so your feet are flat on it, right angle to boat. Easy if you have straps or hooks, as you can hold the board in place. If not, you need to hold board in position with one hand, hold bar with one hand, then once boat starts to...
  20. J

Some help getting started

Haha, it's pretty crazy and weird when you step back and really think about it. But, hey, so is sex and that's still pretty entertaining. :-) Foiling is expensive, but has great fringe benefits. * It has reinvigorated surf lust for me, after drifting into longboard, sups, kiting, fishing...