Search results

1. haar

Broken Tibia

No knee damage, they insert the rod into your tibia by going behind your knee.
  2. haar

Broken Tibia

Super bummed! Snapped my shin bone last Saturday morning while checking the surf and had surgery Monday morning. They put a titanium rod in behind my knee, into the center of the tibia, down to my ankle and 4 screws in my leg. While drugged up and getting prepped for surgery the surgeon came to...
  3. haar

What Boards You Got On Order?

Just ordered a 6'0" quad egg from GH
  4. haar

Will Joe Biden show up to debate Trump?

2016 trump looked like a fool in the debates and still won, I predict Biden will do the same.
  5. haar

what do u people do for a living. wax dryl aruka etc?

I used to have a phone sales job where if you got a check by phone instead of credit card you would get a $2 bill per sale. I came home with a couple of $2 bills and showed my wife and she said "just give those away", as if I wasn't going to get many of them. I said "yeah right, if that's the...
  6. haar

Do you have a SHTF board?

All of my boards are built to last. The Pavel is all S-Glass, 4oz+4oz+ back foot patch on deck/ 4oz bottom with fin patch, blue density blank and finished at Moonlight.
  7. haar

CA Schools opening in July? WTF is the logic behind that?

My wife is a high school Spanish teacher and when I told her this she freaked. They usually start the end of August but it sounds like they're saying could be end of July. They're doing online classes now until the end of the school year which is the beginning of June. I don't get why they would...
  8. haar

*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

I surfed today and it was GLORIOUS!! I did lie to my wife and told her I wouldn't surf near others...we were 6ft apart, good enough. No one was coughing so everything was fine. The red tide was brown. Submerged hand 6 inches and couldn't see it. Surfed with friends I havent seen since my last...
  9. haar

*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

Watching the cam, I see packs of 4 and 5 paddling out together. Tomorrow is going to be worse than today after every one sees surfing is open again. I give it less than a week before surfing is no allowed again.
  10. haar

Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

I'm a $100 bucks shy of ordering a 6'0" GH Quad Egg.
  11. haar

Do you have a SHTF board?

I think what you're asking is do we have a magic board that is in 9/10 condition we are saving to ride? I have 16 boards, all in excellent shape. All but a few are custom. If I could never get another board I would be fine but I do have one. It's a 5'10" thinned out SpeedDialer Pavel handshaped...
  12. haar

What are your realistic expectations of when and how the beaches will re-open?

Exactly... and that's why our beaches are not next. :rolleyes:
  13. haar

Santa Cruz has 96 cases/ 2 deaths. San Diego has 2,087 cases/ 63 deaths.
  14. haar

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/oceanside-councilman-wants-to-begin-reopening-businesses-may-1/2305016/
  15. haar

When was the last time you surfed?

Sunday March 8th. It was high tide and close to shore but there was some chest high swell. I wasn't too excited to surf but an old guy named Tim, who sometimes doesn't paddle out, showed up without a board and said I'm going home to get my board. That made me think I should just go out. I had...
  16. haar

I wish that were the case...then we might not be in this mess in the first place.
  17. haar

Al Merrick Shapes Designs Autographed By Frankie Avalon SURFS UP

Take that kooks signature off with some rubbing alcohol and I'll give you $75.
  18. haar

Isn't that the idea? Don't you want the models to change and be better than they were?
  19. haar

This is interesting... https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/07/825479416/new-yorks-coronavirus-deaths-may-level-off-soon-when-might-your-state-s-peak