Chris Ward aka "Psycho Ward"

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Man, when I lived in San Clemente in the mid 90's it was just such a town of fuckups. Ward was well up there on that list.
Same. Archy was still king when I was there. Lots of OC tough guys at the pier :rolleyes:

Reactions: tacos

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
?

There are a lot worse people to share a lineup with that will actually ruin your session.

We don't get a background check on anyone in the lineup - just so happens his laundry was aired in public and we don't know what's true and what's not.
How much of the Ward Stories do you think was true? I'm going with basically all of it.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
A truly fascinating - and sad - time capsule.
Chicken was always one to be picked on quite heavily. If you watch the video they’re fucking with him the entire time. Taking off his hat, making fun of his glasses just messing with them all around. That’s what we did to that guy. I regret it. I’m a fucking asshole for doing it. I used to be his neighbor during six and seventh grade and I’m quite disappointed in myself for being such a dick. I wish today I could tell him I’m sorry. He was just a kid. Looking for friendship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muscles and tacos

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Chicken was always one to be picked on quite heavily. If you watch the video they’re fucking with him the entire time. Taking off his hat, making fun of his glasses just messing with them all around. That’s what we did to that guy. I regret it. I’m a fucking asshole for doing it. I used to be his neighbor during six and seventh grade and I’m quite disappointed in myself for being such a dick. I wish today I could tell him I’m sorry. He was just a kid. Looking for friendship.
He was also wickedly smart judging by his "What's Really Going Wrong" song. I heard he got into quite a bit of trouble in the years after the lost episodes. Never too late to say you're sorry - if you can even find him. Last I heard he'd fled to Europe?

Reactions: frontsidegrab

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Chicken seemed to bring a lot of it on himself. I never liked the guy, but I didn't know him personally. I'd see him everywhere in the 80's and 90's...beach, parties and on tv. He was on the local access cable channel and had a show he'd do. He'd sing his crappy songs on there, I wish I had recorded it because it was hilariously crappy. I will say he was talented though.

I was at a house party once and chicken was there with his girlfriend, she was really hot but very ditzy. She goes into the bathroom unbeknownst to me, and doesn't lock the door. I have to go and unfortunately open the door on her, she's completely naked standing there. I laughed and apologized as I closed the door, chicken comes running over to fight me, but realizes it was an accident after I calm him down. All my buddies are LOL giving me sh!t

He and a friend of mine threw a couple punches at each other once. We were in 8th grade at the time and chicken was probably a senior in high school, I think. It didn't go far but my buddy held his own, he wouldn't shy away from stuff like that. He's a retired navy seal.

@Pico He's on facebook, you could always reach out to him. I think he lives somewhere in Europe now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rmjzomby and tacos

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Regarding ward, he ripped, but a train wreck at times. There was that puerto contest I think, he was surfing so good and charging. He had the talent.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Who knows the story about the small boat and subsequent rescue at the slab at Morro Bay?

I've heard that story. The boat capsisized with him and his wife on it.
My friend took Malia's mom to prom (his first wife, or at least mom of his oldest). Her whole life story is wild. Her half brother is Deputy Mayor and running for Mayor of Oceanside.
Lots of Ward Stories, hence the video series.
He nearly fought my dad at Lowers once, but they ended up broing out.
He black eyed his current wife and she outed him on social media.
He took care of his sick family.
I heard he wrecked or got his truck stuck in Baja, got rescued by locals, the returned with a bunch of Lost gear.

Lest we forget the Mammoth icicle lesbian incident.

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I like Wardo. He's been cool to me everytime I've seen him. But his attitude at Oceanside is way different than his attitude at Lowers. I stay away from him at Lowers... he sees red at that place and will run over anyone. lol. Oside he has always been pretty chill.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Man, when I lived in San Clemente in the mid 90's it was just such a town of fuckups. Ward was well up there on that list.
Surfed it regularly in the early to mid 90's. Yep. Kind of amazing how much talent there was.